"Invisible" text on Kindle and Zinio apps

lennoxm

Apr 24, 2012
Greetings all. I recently purchased my first Android tablet (not a known brand - see: bartsmit.com - Tomtec Excellent 7 Android 4.0 Tablet). A good cheap little device, does a great job for what I want. In particular, I wanted it for reading my Kindle and Zinio books/magazines (my iPhone is good, but sometimes I want a bit more size). These were the first two apps I installed the first day and all was good.

Being an updater, I went to the manufacturer website and saw they had a recent firmware update. The update was successful, but it caused all manner of problems with accessing the market/Google Play and other related issues. So I used the reset to factory settings option, solving the issues that the firmware update introduced, but since then I have had a bigger problem.

Basically, everything works fine (as long as I don't update the firmware) EXCEPT now on Kindle and Zinio I can't see the text. It is there, but I just can't read it. To understand, have a look at the video over at

Does anyone know how to solve this, or what the issue might be? Every other reading app works fine, as do all other apps and everything else on the device. I know that these two apps originally worked fine but now something is messed up, and no matter how many times I have done full resets and so forth I still haven't been able to locate the source of the problem.

Your brains trust is greatly appreciated :)

Lennox

Last edited by a moderator: