Is it possible to use the Sony S with a VGA projector?

wramir01

Sep 18, 2011
Hello all. I am thinking about an Android tablet and I am certainly impressed with Sony's S. I want to be able to use my tablet for presentations. Since the S does not have an HDMI port, anyone knows if it is possible to use it with a VGA projector?Thanks.

einsnico

Sep 18, 2011
Hello all. I am thinking about an Android tablet and I am certainly impressed with Sony's S. I want to be able to use my tablet for presentations. Since the S does not have an HDMI port, anyone knows if it is possible to use it with a VGA projector?Thanks.

I don't think you can use this tablet with a VGA projector, I believe your only option is stream video/music/photos via DNLA to TVs and/or also to PS3 and some other devices.

kindred

Nov 16, 2011
It might be possible since VGA is just a machine works as a projector(its like an extended cable viewing), you just need a proper connector (for sure sooner or later sony might be introducing mini portable projector) or a "converter connector" that fits your projector's connecting port/serial or whatever. Cheers!

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
I don't think you can use this tablet with a VGA projector, I believe your only option is stream video/music/photos via DNLA to TVs and/or also to PS3 and some other devices.

Given the way media players are going, I don't imagine it will be all that long before someone releases one with DLNA built in (if they haven't already).

Valler

Oct 17, 2011
Just my 2 cents.
Haven't tried but ...
How about a: VGA to HDMI converter & HTC DLNA Adapter.