Ive identified my tablet, But im no closer to ROOTING the dam thing???????

yodaco

Dec 6, 2010
Hey kids,please bear with me, its a bit of a ramble. im and android noob (i hate that word so much), but no stranger to linux hence i thought this would be a much more simple task. but no joy..
I searched all over on how to root my MID M70003 Android tablet, its running 1.6 its got 128mb of ram, im pretty sure its generic to the bone.
I find that every link on how to do this is on slatedroid.com, but for whatever reason slatedroid is down or just giving me nothin because it hates me.. i open the page but its empty. every page on slatedroid shows up but theres just no content beyond the top of the page... is it just me???
so how on earth can i root it without instruction from slatedroid.

if i search this forum for anything to do with rooting on my paticular pad i just go round in circles, no-body seems to have and answer, just the question.. so, how do i root my MID M70003?????

or can i flash a new rom without rooting it first.. i.e can i just stick the right .script file containing the right rom for my device onto my sd card, reboot and enjoy... or not...
from what i see i can get a pre rooted rom an save myself the trouble???
if so, any info on that would be awsome..
id be very greatfull for anyone who can atleast point me towards it, i just wanna get cracking and get the most outta my lame ass tablet..
thanx in advance, and sorry for my massive ramble... but this is killing me

yodaco

Dec 6, 2010
MID M70003 7 inch Android MID PC wifi...USD 118.99/Piece Wholesale Price at **********
looking at the specs and all the pictures, the one in this page is the exact same as mine if it helps at all ;)
p.s this says software version, 1.7, its 1.6 but thats about it ;)

Last edited:

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
You didn't spend $155 on that did you? Hopefully a lot cheaper... the specs on that is about the lowest entry level tablet there is. 300Mhz, with 128MB RAM.... dang. I've seen tablets with those specs as low as $60.00.

yodaco

Dec 6, 2010
yeh thats about what i paid for it £55ish, (thanx for pointing out how lame my tablet is, i sooo wasnt aware ;) none the less, i still cant root it, the only instructions i can find are on slatedroid.com, the link to the root.zip i need is a rapidshare link http://rapidshare.com/files/412377163/root.zip i cant download this file, nor find another download to save my life, any ideas where i can find another link to this file?? ive tried all the usual routes with no joy :(