JoyTAB from Gemini Devices Offers UK Users an affordable ICS Tab Starting at £129.99

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
joytab.jpg

Our UK members looking for a cheap Android tablet should be happy to see this story. There is a new inexpensive Android tablet coming available soon, and it comes sporting Ice Cream Sandwich too boot. The JoyTAB from Gemini Devices comes with some decent spec and a very affordable swath of prices. First, here are the specs of the devices:

The JoyTAB 7-Inch:
  • 1Ghz ARM Cortex A8
  • 512MB of RAM
  • Mali-400 GPU
  • 4 or 8GB of storage with a microSD card slot
  • Screen resolution 800×480
  • Ice Cream Sandwich
  • microUSB and support HDMI v1.4 via microHDMI output.
The JoyTAB 8-inch:
*Same as above except for - 1.2Ghz CPU and a screen resolution of 800×600.

The JoyTAB 9.7-inch:
  • Rockchip RK2918 clocked at 1Ghz
  • 1GB
  • 16GB of storage and a microSD card slot
  • Screen resolution 1024×768 with an IPS display
  • *The rest of the features are the same as the 7-inch version
Here are the pricing details:the JoyTAB 7 will start at £129.99 (~$208), the 8-inch model will be £149.99 (~$240), and the 9.7-inch version will be £199.99 (~$320), and they are available on Amazon.co.uk right now.

This is a pretty amazing value, so be sure to click the source link below to grab one and be sure to check out the dedicated discussion area here: Joy Tablet Forum

Source: Amazon.co.uk

Last edited:

kaya56

Apr 21, 2012
Wow, that's actually a great deal. There are quite a few emerging Tablet PCs below the £150 mark that are really impressing me! May have to grab a couple ;)

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
You can get equivalent or better specs from chinese tabs at lower costs than this. I have a sanei n90 9.7" ips capacitive screen running ics with an a10 cpu, 1gb ddr, 16gb flash memory, built-in bluetooth, mini hdmi, etc which cost under £140 delivered to uk in 8 days from mcbub.com..there are many sellers in china & it can be a minefield on who to trust, stock availibility, free shipping(& who's shipping) but most of the supporting vendors on this forum seem pretty honest & reliable. I understand uk market has better protection for consumers but at what extra cost? My tab from a uk seller was nearer £200 which to me is too high for what I'm getting. Plus, the chinese vendors support on here I think is better than most uk sellers could give. Unless uk prices fall dramatically I will probably buy chinese for the foreseable future. The value outweighs the risks if you research your products & sellers well enough.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet