(kernel) sources for tcc8902

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
yay. downloading for hacking purposes :)

maybe i'll learn how to cook a rom for the coby mid-7015 (at the very least, i'm going to get some more /data space.)

jiq

Jan 11, 2011
Hi, I am looking mostly for the kernel sources of tcc8902 or maybe rockchip rk2818.
I saw some information, including this website http://apad.gen-x.co.nz/index.php, the guys over there seem to build some kernels themeselves, but it is not really documented, And what you can download from them is just binaries.

To get my intentions clear: I want a pocketable Notebook with touch-typable keyboard. And I don't want a bulky one with atom cpu in it, albeit the vaio P is rather nice, too expensive though.
That means: get a 5" or 7" tablet, knock off the case, get a keyboard out of a psion 5, 3D-print a new case that accomodates the tablets hardware plus the keyboard, get a decent OS running on it.
So basically an updated version of a hp jornada 720 + netbsd :)

So regarding the OS, is it possible to get some GNU/Linux running on some android tablet?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
The only thing in the eclair zip is a modified webkit. I'm using the kernel sources to modify the stock 2.6.35 sources to possibly update my coby kyros to froyo. The kernel from telechips is 2.6.29. I don't know what version of android you want, but that will let you run 2.1 eclair.

jiq

Jan 11, 2011
hi I_n,

as mentioned i wanted to install some GNU/Linux - not Android. I'll propably start with debian cause that's what powers my other boxes. Will propably mainly run vim, ssh, psi+, firefox and thunderbird and some mpd client. As I said I want some pocketable Notebook including keyboard, which makes android and its touch interface obsolete.

So how do you extract the changes and port them to 2.6.35?

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I generated a diff between the stock 2.6.29 and the telechips 2.6.29. And I'm now adding the changes to the stock 2.6.35 as necessary. I'm hoping it works with minimal compile time breakage.

Kolyan

Apr 7, 2011
Hi all.
I wish to build kernel for Telechips TCC8902 SoC for install Debian to my android tablet (i think - kexec will work for boot this kernel). Starting Debian over VNC is not good idea because with Android device have not enough RAM for full featured work.
Now i trying to build custom kernel from telechips site. I use Debian Sid + emdebian toolchain gcc-4.3-arm-linux-gnueabi (for solve trouble with depends i installed one required library from Debian Lenny).

Commands for build that i use (with exception of configure kernel):

Code:
export ARCH=arm
export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi-
make
And i have this output (last try):
Code:
$ make
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
make[1]: `include/asm-arm/mach-types.h' is up to date.
  CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h
  SYMLINK include/asm -> include/asm-arm
  CALL    scripts/checksyscalls.sh
<stdin>:1097:2: warning: #warning syscall fadvise64 not implemented
<stdin>:1265:2: warning: #warning syscall migrate_pages not implemented
<stdin>:1321:2: warning: #warning syscall pselect6 not implemented                                                                                                     
<stdin>:1325:2: warning: #warning syscall ppoll not implemented
<stdin>:1365:2: warning: #warning syscall epoll_pwait not implemented
  CHK     include/linux/compile.h
dnsdomainname: Name or service not known
  CC      arch/arm/kernel/init_task.o
In file included from include/asm/plat-tcc/tcc_ckc.h:28,
                 from include/asm/plat-tcc/dpm.h:40,
                 from include/asm/dpm.h:28,
                 from include/linux/dpm.h:48,
                 from include/linux/init_task.h:13,
                 from arch/arm/kernel/init_task.c:9:
include/asm/plat-tcc/tca_ckcstr.h:16:21: error: common.h: No such file or directory
In file included from include/linux/init_task.h:13,
                 from arch/arm/kernel/init_task.c:9:
include/linux/dpm.h:133: error: 'DPM_PP_NBR' undeclared here (not in a function)
make[1]: *** [arch/arm/kernel/init_task.o] Error 1
make: *** [arch/arm/kernel] Error 2
What i do wrong? May be i not installed some required libraries?
Also i think compiler warnings is not important.

P.S.
System Type -> TCC hdmi options in menuconfig mades error - need to off this options for normal start of building process.

P.P.S.
Sorry for my bad english.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
TCC8902 stuff doesn't build, apparently. Some progress is being made by ithamar on Slatedroid. Specifically here.

Kolyan

Apr 7, 2011
Ok, Thanks.
May be exist other way to get kernel for use with kexec system call? Or building vanilla kernel with some modules from telechips kernel?

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
someone could compile the kernel modules Bluetooth gingerbread to test withthe Coby MID7015, it lacks the modules btusb.ko.

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
Does anyone have the Kernel (gingerbread) 2.6.35 of Telechips. They took the site. If someone has posted the download link. please