Key Lime Pie pegged for October release date

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
android-5-key-lime-pie.jpg

An Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie release date has been pegged for October, with the next-gen mobile operating system tipped to land alongside the Google Nexus 5 smartphone.

Having widely been expected to make an appearance at Google I/O last month, an Android 5.0 release date has now been mooted for October. This potential launch window would see the latest Google OS touch down within weeks of Apple’s recently unveiled iOS 7.

With the Google Nexus 4 having launched Android 4.2 last year, it has been suggested that a currently unconfirmed Google Nexus 5 handset could be partnered with the Key Lime Pie arrival. What’s more, the October release period would see the eagerly awaited operating system iteration land around the same time as the repeatedly tipped Motorola X Phone.

Although it is not yet clear what introductions an Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie arrival would make, latest reports have suggested the OS improvement will be back compatible with all manner of current Android handsets.

Said to demand system requirements of just 512MB of RAM, Android 5.0 could soon find its way to all manner of mid-range handsets and not just the high-end likes of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One. Citing unnamed sources, VR-Zone has suggested the next Android OS could be as much about uniformity across all screen sizes and handset abilities as it is introducing new features.

Tipped to hit with a new Nexus smartphone, recent Google Nexus 5 rumours have suggested the repeatedly leaked handset will land running a 5.2-inch 1080p Full HD display alongside a speedy 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor.

With a reported 3GB of RAM and a 3300mAh Lithium-Polymer battery in tow, the Google Nexus 5 is seemingly set to become the new powerhouse of the smartphone scene.

Although it has been mooted that LG will manufacturer the Nexus 5, like it did the Nexus 4, the South Korean manufacturer has seemingly ruled itself out of the running for such a task.

“The Nexus 4 was a great success despite the production problems for us and Google,” Kim Wong, Vice President of LG Mobile in Europe said recently. He added: “However, we do not need such a marketing success again.”

Read more at Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie release date tipped for October - News - Trusted Reviews

So we at Androidtablets.net ask you, what is your dream feature set for Key Lime Pie?

Last edited by a moderator:

davey0728

May 30, 2013
I'm all about active notifications and lock screen additions. I can't tell you specifics really but the Moto X lock screen is a good example of the active notifications I'm talking about. Whenever I get a new text or e-mail I need to be able to access those details straight from my lock screen with cool animations and transitions. That's pretty much it...just make it NEW and us Googlers will eat it up with a spoon.