keyboard app recommendations?

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
hm i currently have HTC Wildfire/Buzz phone. swype doesnt support its resolution, so I am using SwiftKey. its not a swipe keyboard but its great at predictions.

yet to get my NookColor but i am pretty sure I heard that its a lot of work to get swype working on it (if at all, at present). so try swiftkey, or if you like swipe keyboards then maybe slideIT or something

jyams

Feb 20, 2011
I use SlideIT and love it. The keyboard is larger than others and works like Swype does, except has more options. You can also turn off the swype feature. I use it on my Evo phone as well. Like I said, the size of the SlideIT keyboard is what i love!!

SlideIT-Keyboard-Writing-2.jpg

http://www.androidtapp.com/slideit-keyboard/

This image of from their website as it would appear on a phone. It's really a bad representation of what it looks like on the NookColor. It's a great keyboard app, and I've tried most others.

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I love Slideit on my phone, but it won't install on my NC.. How'd you get it working?

jyams

Feb 20, 2011
It installed from the Market just fine. Showed that I had already purchased for my Evo and installed it on NC. Did you go into "settings/language and keyboards" and poke around? I went there and checked-marked "SlideIT" as my keyboard to get it working.

tocoty

Jan 4, 2011
I can't get to settings/ language... . Keyboard

Is this in book tools?

After insalling swiftkey and slideit, i can'find anywhere they are listed... except under apps...??

tocoty

Jan 4, 2011
I can't get to settings/ language... . Keyboard

Is this in book tools?

After insalling swiftkey and slideit, i can'find anywhere they are listed... except under apps...??

cvhovey

Mar 5, 2011
SwiftKey is my favorite on my Droid X, but I've been unable to get it to work on my NC running 1.0.1. Tried the tweaks suggested at nookdevs.com but nothing works. And I'm guessing the suggestion to go into settings/language and keyboard is applicable only to those running a rom like CM etc. If anyone has gotten SwiftKey running on the rooted 'stock' NC, please share how you've done so. Thanks!

Last edited:

Gruby

Mar 7, 2011
SwiftKey is my favorite on my Droid X, but I've been unable to get it to work on my NC running 1.0.1. Tried the tweaks suggested at nookdevs.com but nothing works. And I'm guessing the suggestion to go into settings/language and keyboard is applicable only to those running a rom like CM etc. If anyone has gotten SwiftKey running on the rooted 'stock' NC, please share how you've done so. Thanks!

Add me to the list of users who cannot get slideit to work on my rooted color nook. I have downloaded the file, but cannot get it to install, I cannot see it, it is as if nothing happened, other than the fact that I have paid for it.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I have tried 3-4 different versions of Slide and none was working cause of the resolution that NC has.
Swype works great.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk