Kickstand case with keyboard for Mid7022.

overdone

Mar 2, 2012
If you have one of those standard HDE cases the first thing I would do is plug the keyboard into the computer to make sure that was the problem. Do you have any other USB devices you can plug into the Kyros to test the port?
I am having a problem with my tablet that I have noticed others are having also. I hope you can help.
Here are the tablet specs for my Coby Kyros 7022 –
Model number: MID7022
Android version: 2.3.3
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7
Build number: MID7022 20110527
I want to state now that everything else is working fine. I have been very satisfied. I just recently bought a 7” case with an attached keyboard. The keyboard already has an inline cable with a male USB end. My Coby 7022 does not come with a USB port, only a mini USB. I purchased an OTG double female connector to connect the keyboard and the USB adapter cord that came with the Kyros (male A USB on one end & male mini USB on the other end). When I plugged it in the Kyros did not recognize the keyboard.
I tested the keyboard by attaching it to my desktop and it worked fine. Therefore, I concluded that the Kyros was not recognizing it. By searching online I found suggestions that indicated the system USB default is “device”. It looks as if I need to switch the USB default to “host” so it will recognize that I am using an external keyboard through my female connector. I have no advanced option under settings and can’t change the USB settings. Here are my questions:

• Is there a way to change the system default for the mini USB port?
  • Is there an app to do this?
  • Is there an update for the 7022 model that will allow me to change the setting which I understand is available on the 7024?
Any help will be appreciated.

TechMan334

Jan 1, 2012
i just purchased this cse a few days ago for my mid7022 and i finally got it today and all i had to do is plug it in with the adapter that came with my tablet and it was ready to go. I was surprised when the led lights didn't work on it but the keyboard works perfectly and if you connected everything right, it should work but if not then you have a defective product and need to contact the seller of the product and request a new case or a refund if you dont want the case anymore.

overdone

Mar 2, 2012
i just purchased this cse a few days ago for my mid7022 and i finally got it today and all i had to do is plug it in with the adapter that came with my tablet and it was ready to go. I was surprised when the led lights didn't work on it but the keyboard works perfectly and if you connected everything right, it should work but if not then you have a defective product and need to contact the seller of the product and request a new case or a refund if you dont want the case anymore.

Unless you have a different mid7022, it would never work. The cable that came with the tablet has a male USB connector and a mini usb for the tablet. The keyboard also has a male USB connector so it would not connect to the tablet. You would need a female adapter to connect both products. Do you have a mid 7024. I understand it works with that tablet.

PinguimFU

May 30, 2012
Anyway i can find something similar? my tablet is a 8 inch model =)

-------------------

Think i get myself a gold shovel trophy for that,the topic is 3 mouths old 0.0