Kindle app Christmas help please

Lloydy

Dec 23, 2011
Hello people,

I have just taken delivery of a Cambridge Science's G7 III tablet for the wife for Christmas, its the one with the 3.0 Android (Honeycomb) system.

I thought I'd set it up and make sure it was working and perhaps download a book or two, the Kindle app wasn't preloaded but all the ads mention it and I've seen from other reviewers of it that it should be available.

I can't find it on the market on the tablet itself and when I tried to download it via the web and 'send' it to her device I get 'this item is not compatible with your device'

I find that hard to believe as having bought one of the more recent tablets I figured it should be compatible especially as the ads for the device specifically mentioned the Kindle and was one of the reasons I bought it.

The only other thing is perhaps Google hasn't recognised the device properly as the info is a bit scarce on her 'dashboard' but I can't find anything in settings to update it.

Any help gratefully received before I wrap it up!

thank you in advance

georgi

Jan 2, 2012
Hi! Sorry, I can't help but I just got one of these machines myself and I'm still trying to muddle through the interface which is a bit confusing at first. Did you get your Kindle thing sorted out?

Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone! If you know how to get this thing to compose a new email message please let me know - I can see the inbox and it checks and receives email just fine, and I can reply to them to, but I just can't see any way to compose a brand new message.

This machine appears to be a re-badged Dropad A8 and I found a slightly better user manual than the one I got with the machine on the web. There isn't a PDF manual installed on the machine (that I can find). You might find this useful:

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: DROPAD A8 User manual.pdf

Paul.

Last edited: