Kindle App...Grrrr!

Prism

Dec 27, 2011
I have downloaded the kindle app onto my wife's android tablet but i'm having trouble installing books onto it. I purchased some from amazon and they show up in the archive section but everytime i go to install them they come up at 100% 'download interrupted'.I've tried uninstalling the kindle app but to no avail.
The other problem I have is that i have ebooks on my laptop in mobi format and have transferred them to the downloads folder but everytime i click on the mobi file, kindle app opens and then closes saying it had stopped itself?

any ideas?

thanks

redboy33

Jan 5, 2012
I have downloaded the kindle app onto my wife's android tablet but i'm having trouble installing books onto it. I purchased some from amazon and they show up in the archive section but everytime i go to install them they come up at 100% 'download interrupted'.I've tried uninstalling the kindle app but to no avail.
The other problem I have is that i have ebooks on my laptop in mobi format and have transferred them to the downloads folder but everytime i click on the mobi file, kindle app opens and then closes saying it had stopped itself?

any ideas?

thanks

I had the SAME problem until I realized I didn't have my sd card inserted. DOH! hope this works for you.

jazcTablets

Jan 23, 2012
Thank you so much. I struggled with the downloads from my kindle archives reaching 100% but then complaining with "download interrupted" error. I troubleshot for a few hours last night and nothing worked. I rebooted my WM8650 tablet. I cleared the kindle app's cache and data. Nothing worked. And I had kindle books on the tablet from before. So I knew it worked before. But I could not get a new book from my archive to my tablet. Then I read your post that said to put in the sd card, and it worked like a charm.