Kryos MID7036 Computer won't recognize tablet when connected via USB

MrMojoRisin

Jul 6, 2013
Hello all,

Newbie here, so any help is appreciated. Getting ready to go on vacation and thought i'd try and download a few movies onto my Coby Kryos MID7036. Last night i was able to connect the tablet to my windows 8 computer via the USB cable and transfer a mp4 movie onto the sd card and all was well.

Tonight i tried to do another one and when i plug in the tablet, it doesn't show up as a "removable drive". If i click on devices, it will show the tablet listed under "unspecified" devices with an error code:10. Seems to be a driver issue. I tried updating the driver, but it says the latest driver is installed. I then called Coby USA and they said these units are self contained and there are no drivers for them. They stated that maybe a factory reset might fix it???

I tried to just add additional movies to the sd card by removing the card from the tablet and installing it in the computer and then transferring the file to the card. But when i install the card back in the tablet, it shows a new file in the gallery, but if you click it, it will just go into a continuous loading cycle.

Also, is their not a better way to manage how the files are stored on the sd card or how they show up on the tablet?

Tablet info: MID7036, android version: 4.0.3, Kernel version: 3.0.8, build #: iml74k 20120822.172500

Leaving on Vacation on Sunday and would like a few more movies to keep the little ones occupied on the long drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks