kyros 7127 cell standby

crazythunder

Dec 5, 2011
rooted 7127 tablet and the cell standby is at 70% constantly. does anyone know what apk or services i need to kill to minimize this? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

crazythunder

Dec 5, 2011
"bump"
c'mon, someone out here knows the answer! lol my cell standby is now at a constant 77%. any phone i've ever had was never over 30 or so. so i'm sure this is killing the battery much quicker. i did manage to get data disabled. but that didn't help at all.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi crazythunder,

Welcome to the board, glad you could join us. I found a thread with this information using the board searcher, it took some thread sifting of results, but I remembered seeing this information before when I was researching Coby's. Try reading the 6 page thread here before you do this just to be safe. So you don't just delete something you might later regret. I would try the suggestions after looking at it more closely, but I think you will be able to make this stop.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...al/18233-coby-mid7022-4g-keeps-waking-up.html

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
You need root and some app like Titanium Backup that allows you to freez apps, or simply use a file manager then go to /system/app and remove any apps with "phone" or "telephony" in their names. But I don't think it will improve battery performance, specially if you've set WiFi to never sleep (i.e. always on).

crazythunder

Dec 5, 2011
You need root and some app like Titanium Backup that allows you to freez apps, or simply use a file manager then go to /system/app and remove any apps with "phone" or "telephony" in their names. But I don't think it will improve battery performance, specially if you've set WiFi to never sleep (i.e. always on).
i am rooted and have tb. i have the 7127 and there is no sleep setting under advanced wireless settings. i'm gonna read pamsters link and see what i come up with. while playing around, i think i previously renamed phone.apk and got a boot loop. but might try just deleting it this time. i have a cwm backup so i'll try just about anything. thanks.

crazythunder

Dec 5, 2011
You can change WiFi sleep police using the freeware WiFi Buddy.

You may want to freeze (it's a paid option in Titanium Backup, other apps offer it for free) phone.apk, it's safer.
i used advanced wifi lock. it has thesame setting for sleep policy. i also deleted telophny and phone apk's. cell standby dropped to 25%. not sure if this will help battery, but we'll see. thanks to you and pamster.

Jennielou

Dec 13, 2011
i used advanced wifi lock. it has thesame setting for sleep policy. i also deleted telophny and phone apk's. cell standby dropped to 25%. not sure if this will help battery, but we'll see. thanks to you and pamster.
I'm rooted and it got very upset with me when I tried to delete those files! The error pop up would not go away, took awhile and a lot of stress before I got it back to the home screen and rebooted. Any tips on that?? No luck renaming either...I found a widget that turned off the data, no more cell standby! I'll check which one when I get home to it. I'm using Juice Defender plus so it turns off Wifi when not in use, so I'm back to the wake ups, not sure if the lock and JD would be compatible.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
If your tablet doesn't have a cell chip then cell standby has no effect on battery life. It is simply a metric built into pre-Honeycomb versions of Android (phone OSes) basically it is mislabeled idle time. No need to change or worry about it unless you are really bothered by seeing idle time under "cell standby."

crazythunder

Dec 5, 2011
If your tablet doesn't have a cell chip then cell standby has no effect on battery life. It is simply a metric built into pre-Honeycomb versions of Android (phone OSes) basically it is mislabeled idle time. No need to change or worry about it unless you are really bothered by seeing idle time under "cell standby."
i'll take your word for it. maybe it's a placebo effect, but the battery meter seemed like it took alot longer to drain. i'd have to do some scientific tests to confirm that,which i don't have time for .

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
i'll take your word for it. maybe it's a placebo effect, but the battery meter seemed like it took alot longer to drain. i'd have to do some scientific tests to confirm that,which i don't have time for .

Yep, placebo effect but if you ever do get around to trying those tests please share your method and the results :)