Kyros Mid7125 Root

nicewebsite

Sep 30, 2011
Coby Kyros Mid7125-4G Android 2.3

Hello everyone.
I've just got this tablet, so far I have android market installed successful . I've been looking for a way to root my tablet . Anyone could help? Thanks in advance

mighty4

Oct 4, 2011
I am also desperate to make my 7125 tablet functional. Coby's android library is sorely lacking in the basics for me. I thought that since it was a 2.3 Android system that it would have access but does not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Coby Kyros Mid7125-4G Android 2.3

Hello everyone.
I've just got this tablet, so far I have android market installed successful . I've been looking for a way to root my tablet . Anyone could help? Thanks in advance

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Look for info in the Kyros section of the forum:
Coby Tablets

Tips and tutorial for 7022 should work for Kyros x125 since they share the same CPU and Android version, but proceed with caution.

FlipSRT4

Dec 1, 2011
Look for info in the Kyros section of the forum:
Coby Tablets

Tips and tutorial for 7022 should work for Kyros x125 since they share the same CPU and Android version, but proceed with caution.

I used the sticky from the second generation subforum ane its working fine on my 7125 :) but dont go overboard downloading apps because after i installed like 50 apps my home button quit working and i had to reset lol. Just dont try to run apps that you know will blow up your tablet

Misschaebee

Dec 17, 2011
@nicewebsite can you tell me how you got the market on yours please, ? and have you figured out how to root it yet?

mister_hyde

Dec 24, 2011
I was able to Root my 7125 using SuperOneClick and I installed the market folling this video link How install android market on coby Kyros 7022 - YouTube!
root not required for market.

Correct. I used SuperOneClick, ignored the driver install errors, using WinXP. I also use TheKWA's youtube method of Market. My only problem is my screen comes on and off when I have it off. Still looking for a solution to that. Also on 7125-4G

Attu01

Dec 19, 2011
Mine did that too, it is Sync. I turned it off and the flashing stoped! I used the stock power control widget, the middle button. It needs to be on for email.

Sent from my MID7125 using Android Tablet Forum

Attu01

Dec 19, 2011
Of course after a reboot, sync turned itself back on in background even though the widget said it was still off. I just turned it on then off again. Or it is the wifi, i turn off both when i put my tablet down.
Edit:
I think it is the wifi
Sent from my MID7125 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited: