Le Pan Bootloop

kirkkm68

Jan 7, 2012
Does anyone know how to get the Le Pan out of a continuos bootloop? After mutliple freezes everyday I finally attempted to upload the latest firmware and now all I see is the Le Pan logo continuously. I've tried the reset button and the vol + power and neither will work. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
Were it me, I would be opening a support case. I hear that LePan support is good, but only when you actually open a case...they aren't big on phone calls, from all reports, and direct emails may or may not be answered in a timely manner, according to reviews and forums. But everyone says once a case is opened they are good.

GL, sorry for your trouble. I would help more if I could, but I don't know the answer.

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
Does anyone know how to get the Le Pan out of a continuos bootloop? After mutliple freezes everyday I finally attempted to upload the latest firmware and now all I see is the Le Pan logo continuously. I've tried the reset button and the vol + power and neither will work. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

kirk - Try this...

"As weird as it is, when you get stuck in that boot loop all you need to do is re-seat the MicroSD card and reset." Credit to nehinbin on XDA who recommended this to a developer that ran into the same issue...He actually took his apart and reset the battery, yikes. This sounds much easier...Hope it works, let us know.

kirkkm68

Jan 7, 2012
Thanks for the responses. I bought 5 of these for Christmas gifts after tons of research and reading reviews. One worked for 5 days and then completely died in the middle of watching a netflix movie. It sounded as if the movie got hung up, then it went completly dead and would not boot up or turn on at all. Opened a case with LePan after calling a million times with no answer. They suggested re-seating the card but it didn't work. Ended up sending that one back to Amazon and thankfully a new one arrived within 4 days. I have tried re-seating the microsd card on this one several times even switching out the sd card with another. I also tried completely draining and recharging. No luck. I guess this one will be getting exchanged too. So far the other three (knock wood) have not had any issues other than maybe one or two resets since Christmas.

slammer67

Dec 4, 2011
I had the same problem with mine after updating firmware - got stuck in a bootloop. I sent it back and received another one, which works fine so far. The new one had the old firmware and when I asked Le Pan about the update, they suggested that I not update unless I am having problems. That suggests that they have been having problems like this with other tablets. Most companies would suggest that you do update to the lastest firmware to get the best performance.

The weird thing was that the firmware update took fine, it was when I was re-installing the apps that the Le Pan freaked out ant went into bootloop.

I had no problem getting ahold of Le Pan, even called them up a couple times during the process, but it was easier to get in touch with them on the support page - case update, or whatever its called.