Le Pan freeze up

pogoj

Dec 28, 2011
I just got my LePan I from Amazon today. Have total frustration, altho I can see where it could be superb if it would stop freezing all the time! It freezes continually, every few minutes...ridiculous! I have tried installing the firmware update(3 ways)...won't happen. It simply tells me it's an invalid image(?), so I copied files to separate SD and it still would not accept it. I also have the WiFi issue...it will not accept my ATT network. Apparently it 'prefers' WEP and not WPA. Sorry, but I prefer a secure network!
Sure could use some help from someone who knows this LePan that was supposed to be so great. :(

Have you tried Le Pan tech support? Very helpful and responsive.

vrussell

Sep 2, 2011
I got exactly the same issue. My Le Pan freezes without any pattern. I cannot wake it up when I turn off the screen. When it freezes, it sucks the battery very fast.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
This is most likely caused by a rouge app. Try a factory reset and then slowly installing your apps one at a time to see which one causes the issue (or if you don't want to loose all your apps and data, go the other way and uninstall them one at a time). You can also try a monitor app like watchdog or similar to look for apps causing issues.

Ghanhams

Dec 29, 2012
I have had the same problem, I did factory reset, changed the sd card, downgraded the OS and even used a custom firmware, but still froze. I sent it back for replacement at Amazon. hope this times works out.