Lenovo A2109 ROM Choices

gsmitchell

Apr 21, 2013
Hi all! I have really enjoyed my A2109, so much so that I have not yet rooted it. I was going to do that today, but after looking around I am not sure what my ROM choices are after the root. Are there any? Looks like CM10 was in the works ( but is not done ) and I thought I saw one post about ParanoidAndroid. Is anyone using another ROM or is the rooting mainly to get rid of the junk that Lenovo adds and do backups? Thanks!

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Once you're rooted you can delete them yourself w/o risking the install of a ROM that isn't ready.
Do some searching for threads about using Terminal Emulator, SU, remounting /system and you'll be about ready to 'clean house'.
:D

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Hi all! I have really enjoyed my A2109, so much so that I have not yet rooted it. I was going to do that today, but after looking around I am not sure what my ROM choices are after the root. Are there any? Looks like CM10 was in the works ( but is not done ) and I thought I saw one post about ParanoidAndroid. Is anyone using another ROM or is the rooting mainly to get rid of the junk that Lenovo adds and do backups? Thanks!

Here is a good place to start:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...l/52307-useful-files-drivers-modded-roms.html

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012

There's a few ROMs on the Development forum: Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 Development