LG G Pad 8.3 Tablet

Tacoboy

Sep 23, 2014
Newegg is selling this LG G Pad 8.3 for $199, and I'm thinking of buying my 10 year old nephews (twins) one of these, mostly for gaming and I'm not very knowledgeable about tablets.
Is it considered a good tablet?
Any known issues with it?
Anything else that might be better, somewhere in the same price range ($200 - $250)?

Tacoboy

Sep 23, 2014
Newegg is selling this LG G Pad 8.3 for $199, and I'm thinking of buying my 10 year old nephews (twins) one of these, mostly for gaming and I'm not very knowledgeable about tablets.
Is it considered a good tablet?
Any known issues with it?
Anything else that might be better, somewhere in the same price range ($200 - $250)?

Went ahead and ordered the LG G Pad 8.3, needed a tablet by next week anyway.

saintstryfe

Nov 25, 2011
I've had one since January. Mine was from Verizon on their network. I've been extremely pleased with mine. It has run everything. THe only game I've had even mild hiccups on was Hearthstone (which is huge), but it still runs fine. Overall super pleased.

young707

Jul 13, 2012
I am shopping 8 inch Android tablets. I found the LG G Pad are good prducts to fit me need.
I do web surfing, book reading and do some Google Voice chats.

I am concern the G Pad 8.0 with 1GB RAM limitation? Does this a incur any major performance problem?
The G Pad 8.3 with 2GB RAM is nice. The price difference is around $60 at Amazon.
Please tell me your concern with 1GB RAM problems?
Any other major problem should I concern about?

I am seriously looking at the LG G Pad 8.3 V500 16GB wifi only. Its around $60 more to the V480.
Please advice your user experiences?