LG G Pad - Battery Completely Drained, Will Not Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaret McMillan

Oct 17, 2014
I accidentally let my LG G Pad tablet battery go completely dead and now it won't charge. I tried different power adapters and power outlets and even went as far as purchasing a new original LG power adapter but it still won't charge. Is there a "trick" to getting the LG G Pad tablet recognize the charger? I heard I may need to have the batter "jump-started"? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

One trick that may work is a trickle charge. You can do that by plugging it into a running PC for at least 5 hours

nascar59

Apr 20, 2014
Welcome to the forum

One trick that may work is a trickle charge. You can do that by plugging it into a running PC for at least 5 hours

hi hopefully it's not same trouble that some A2109A lenovo tablet have,this part need to be replace on the lenovo to make it charge again(A2109A IO Board Assembly) that what it's call on the Lenovo ,i change this part myself,bought from a ebay ,lenovo had no part at the time and it's working again like before charging and every thing working fine .Ray

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It's hard to say where the problem may be. It could be a lose connection, bad charging circuit in the tablet or bum battery.

jburns

Nov 7, 2014
This has happened to me a couple times. The first time I sent it to LG and they fixed it. It just happened again and I thought I was going to do the same because it wasn't responding to anything. My VZW rep was able to find a fix. First press and hold the power button for 20 seconds while it is off the charger (this is the equivalent of a battery pull). Then plug it into a charger and press the power button to turn it on. If it doesn't turn on leave it on the charger for 15 minutes before trying to turn it on again. It seems too easy to be true but it worked for me...it didn't turn on initially but after 2 minutes on the charger it gave the indication that it was charging. Prior to it, I had tried everything...different chargers & outlets, trickle charger, both combinations of power/volume up/volume down and nothing worked so was thrilled I didn't have to send my tablet in again. Hope it helps.

Peter Carlos

Nov 11, 2014
Well, it looks like the problem is somewhere with charging IC of the device I would say better to send the device back to the support people telling that this problem hunts you back again and again after a while, I am sure this time they will either fix this one permanently or they will provide you with the replacement.

paigeakeroyd

Nov 16, 2014
Just plug-in charger with tablet and leave that for whole night. It will surely charged up. If it is still not able to charge than their is some problem with your device.
playpokiesonline

Last edited:

Peter Carlos

Nov 11, 2014
Just plug-in charger with tablet and leave that for whole night. It will surely charged up. If it is still not able to charge than their is some problem with your device.
playpokiesonline

Well, I guess over here @OP has already mentioned he tried doing that with different chargers but that doesn't helps him out ! What makes you think that would work out ?

daisylin24

Dec 12, 2014
This has happened to me a couple times. The first time I sent it to LG and they fixed it. It just happened again and I thought I was going to do the same because it wasn't responding to anything. My VZW rep was able to find a fix. First press and hold the power button for 20 seconds while it is off the charger (this is the equivalent of a battery pull). Then plug it into a charger and press the power button to turn it on. If it doesn't turn on leave it on the charger for 15 minutes before trying to turn it on again. It seems too easy to be true but it worked for me...it didn't turn on initially but after 2 minutes on the charger it gave the indication that it was charging. Prior to it, I had tried everything...different chargers & outlets, trickle charger, both combinations of power/volume up/volume down and nothing worked so was thrilled I didn't have to send my tablet in again. Hope it helps.

Thank you for this post! I was having this problem this morning. Tried what you said and VOILA!!!! Thanks!

Russ Grant

Dec 18, 2014

Thanks You for your post. It solved my problem on the first try! I was struggling with the same issue with the tablet not charging after going dead and I wasn't getting any help at the Verizon Store tech support. Your help is GREATLY appreciated.

eariddell

Feb 28, 2015

Thank you, my tablet is brand new, only used twice and would not power on after charging overnight. Tried your trick and it came right on. It was100% charged when it did come on.

EcceGratum

Apr 20, 2015
Had the same problem, just tried the trick, didn't expect anything but wtf - It really worked! Tablet charged again after 15min :D
That saved me so much trouble. Thanks a lot! Certainly made my day :)

eJOEPLUMBER

Aug 4, 2015
I accidentally let my LG G Pad tablet battery go completely dead and now it won't charge. I tried different power adapters and power outlets and even went as far as purchasing a new original LG power adapter but it still won't charge. Is there a "trick" to getting the LG G Pad tablet recognize the charger? I heard I may need to have the batter "jump-started"? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!
It is the cable. No one knows that the LGs common micro USB sync cable is proprietary. Uou need the LG original cable.
You can plug the LG cable into any charger you've got or your computer provided it's got enough power.
but use the original LG sync cable that came with your tablet or phone because none of my many good quality rockfish or Samsung or other good cables will charge my gpad or my g4.
they all have this problem but the original LG cable that came with my Gpad and the original LG cable that came with my LG g4 work without problems.
all of the others have the common issue and no one seems to notice or believe it.
You have to make sure that the charger you plug it into has enough power but use the original LG cable and see if it makes a difference.

Nsomniak

Aug 15, 2015

This worked for me also! I wasn't expecting anything to happen, but it actually worked. Now I can call Verizon and let them know I don't need it fixed, Yay!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.