LG G Pad - Battery Completely Drained, Will Not Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogy

Jan 15, 2016
Thank you jburns. I never post on these sites let alone create an account but I had to to post this. Gave my son this tablet last year and he loved it. Two mths ago he complained about it not charging, since he has a habit of leaving it on the floor while charging I assumed he stepped on it and damaged the charge port ( he did it to his phone). I set it aside and told him he could buy his own tablet this time ( he's 16 and gets an allowance ), saw the LG this morning and thought I'd check it out so I googled non charging LG and this thread pops up. Did the 20 sec power up and she turned on and is now charging...not bad for a 60 year old.

smartgeniusclothing

Mar 5, 2016
I accidentally let my LG G Pad tablet battery go completely dead and now it won't charge. I tried different power adapters and power outlets and even went as far as purchasing a new original LG power adapter but it still won't charge. Is there a "trick" to getting the LG G Pad tablet recognize the charger? I heard I may need to have the batter "jump-started"? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!

ALL EVERYONE NEED'S TO DO IS..... 1) TAKE A DEEP BREATH 2) GO AHEAD & THANK ME NOW

THE FIX IS QUITE SIMPLE, THERE IS NO WAITING FOR 4 HOURS FOR IT TO MAYBE DO SOMETHING WHILE CONNECTED TO A COMPUTER. DON'T BOTHER FIGHTING WITH MULTIPLE CORDS OR OUTLETS.

HERE IT IS THE FIX TO SOLVE ALL G PAD 8.3 LTE CUSTOMER FRUSTRATIONS,.............

1- HAVE THE ORIGINAL CHARGER OR ANY OTHER QUALITY MICRO USB CABLE PLUGGED IN AND READY TO GO

2- WHILE THE TABLET IS NOT PLUGGED INTO THE CHARGER HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON FOR ABOUT 10 SECONDS.

3- WHILE STILL HOLDING THE POWER BUTTON DOWN PLUG IN THE CHARGER AND THEN GO AHEAD AND RELEASE THE POWER BUTTON.

4-WITHIN 5 SECONDS YOU SHOULD SEE THE BATTERY SYMBOL POP UP, FROM THERE THE BEAST IS BACK GIVE IT SOME TIME TO CHARGE AND JUST LIKE THAT, SHE LIVES!!!!!

SimonSez

Apr 15, 2016
This has happened to me a couple times. The first time I sent it to LG and they fixed it. It just happened again and I thought I was going to do the same because it wasn't responding to anything. My VZW rep was able to find a fix. First press and hold the power button for 20 seconds while it is off the charger (this is the equivalent of a battery pull). Then plug it into a charger and press the power button to turn it on. If it doesn't turn on leave it on the charger for 15 minutes before trying to turn it on again. It seems too easy to be true but it worked for me...it didn't turn on initially but after 2 minutes on the charger it gave the indication that it was charging. Prior to it, I had tried everything...different chargers & outlets, trickle charger, both combinations of power/volume up/volume down and nothing worked so was thrilled I didn't have to send my tablet in again. Hope it helps.
ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Holding the power key for twenty seconds worked the first time I tried it. WHEW! I thought my tablet was dead and would have to be replaced. Thank you for the valuable information!

Dave K

May 18, 2016
Just tried this on my 5 year old tablet I found in my car after 6 months. Had doubts. Held power 20 sec, plugged into original ps then hit power again. Screen showed battery with a 0 charge and rising.

hanxthre

May 18, 2016
Ok tried to 20 second trick and in worked as my screen showed the little battery icon at 0% on my LG Gpad, but after waiting a couple hours I went back to check it and the warning appears on the screen that to protect my device it will not charge unless i use the cable that came with it.

Well that broke over a year ago as many are familiar with how flimsey android cables can be...I'm using someone's factory android cable but its for a different device. Short of having to order a whole new cable from the company are there anyways of getting around this using a generic brand or with a combination of adapters (right now using iphone power plug adapter with android cable) that can get me past this screen and back to charging...

For over a year I've been using a generic cord that went to a wireless keyboard and it always charged no problem...last night i accidentally stepped on the wire with it plugged in and bent it. Since then it has refused to work and once my pad went to 0% this is what I've been dealing with..

Help greatly appreciated

hanxthre

May 18, 2016
I misspoke I was using an Amazon firestick adapter plug which wasn't working...I have switched to an iphone plug with a factory android cable which is for a phone. It has stopped giving me the error and I'm charged to about 41% now..

So perhaps indirectly I stumbled on to something where if your pad is giving you error saying "it will not charge unless i use the cable that came with it." a generic or similiar android cable with an iphone plug may be the remedy to get beyond that 0% error screen...

So my problem appears to be solved thanks anyways........

Fender953

Aug 25, 2016
This has happened to me a couple times. The first time I sent it to LG and they fixed it. It just happened again and I thought I was going to do the same because it wasn't responding to anything. My VZW rep was able to find a fix. First press and hold the power button for 20 seconds while it is off the charger (this is the equivalent of a battery pull). Then plug it into a charger and press the power button to turn it on. If it doesn't turn on leave it on the charger for 15 minutes before trying to turn it on again. It seems too easy to be true but it worked for me...it didn't turn on initially but after 2 minutes on the charger it gave the indication that it was charging. Prior to it, I had tried everything...different chargers & outlets, trickle charger, both combinations of power/volume up/volume down and nothing worked so was thrilled I didn't have to send my tablet in again. Hope it helps.
You sir deserve a medal!! Thanks!

Mike Harvey

Jul 6, 2017
Thanks, the 20 second fix worked for me too.

I also needed to change to a different charging cable. I lost the origial charger and used a 2.5 amp (2500 mA) charger I had handy, but tried two charging cables and the tablet refused to charge. I went out and bought a new cable and that one worked, charged 100% overnight. I noticed the cable that worked was physically thicker than the two cables that didn't work.

If you can't even get it to turn on, try the 20 sec trick. If it turns on but refuses to charge, try a different (better quality) cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.