Locked Into "Unfortunately, Launcher3 Has Stopped" Error Message

Barry Bevan

Mar 26, 2020
Hi Guys, sorry if this is not the correct forum, I am new to the site and also new to Android. If you point me in the right direction I will post there. I tried searching on both the error message and on "Launcher3" but did not find anything of help.

I bought a brand new Android Tablet yesterday from Amazon an d spent today loading apps from the store, all official stuff. I also transferred some songs over from iTunes using DoubleTwist, all of which seemed to go well. Then suddenly it crashed and came up with the above error. It also went through a lot of the apps telling me they had stopped and I am now unable to get rid of the error message to get into anything else. Each time I click on OK and try bring up the icons it brings back the error message. I have tried (twice) booting into safe mode but get the same error screen and cannot get rid of it. I am at a loss to know what further I can try apart from a hard reset?

The Tablet is a TYD with 8core arm processor, 4GB ram and 64GB SSD it is running version 8.? can't be specific because I can't access the info due to the fault.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated. I know my way around Windows fairly well but not Android.

Thanks in anticipation,
Barry.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Unfortunately Launcher3 has stopped working error in android studio?

The question above came from an Android Studio user and occurred on his emulator, but the steps to resolve the problem are applicable to Android in general. You however need to be able to get into the device's system settings. With Launcher 3 not working correctly, you may have to use the notification shade to get into the device's settings menu. Swipe down once to show the quick settings, then swipe the bar beneath the quick settings to expand them. Somewhere on the shade should be a gear icon. That will take you to the settings. From there, you should be able to follow the instructions given in the link.

The notification shade and settings are independent of Launcher 3, so you should have no issues getting in that way. If however you cannot get in, you may not have much choice but to factory reset, which can be done through the device's recovery partition.

For education, safe mode was a good first step to trying to resolve the issue, as an app you installed could have been the source of the Launcher 3 error message. However, this is a system issue, based upon the described behavior.

Barry Bevan

Mar 26, 2020
Unfortunately Launcher3 has stopped working error in android studio?

The question above came from an Android Studio user and occurred on his emulator, but the steps to resolve the problem are applicable to Android in general. You however need to be able to get into the device's system settings. With Launcher 3 not working correctly, you may have to use the notification shade to get into the device's settings menu. Swipe down once to show the quick settings, then swipe the bar beneath the quick settings to expand them. Somewhere on the shade should be a gear icon. That will take you to the settings. From there, you should be able to follow the instructions given in the link.

The notification shade and settings are independent of Launcher 3, so you should have no issues getting in that way. If however you cannot get in, you may not have much choice but to factory reset, which can be done through the device's recovery partition.

For education, safe mode was a good first step to trying to resolve the issue, as an app you installed could have been the source of the Launcher 3 error message. However, this is a system issue, based upon the described behavior.

Hi Traveller, thanks for that. I was able to get into the settings and cleared the cache. Booted out of safe mode and all is working again. Your help is sincerely appreciated. Barry.