Locked up tablet

newbe

Mar 25, 2011
I have a new Panlmage 7" touchscreen Android wifi tablet and had to set a password with connecting some dots. We have tried figuring it out with no success. When I called the 1-800----- they told me there is no way to reset it but by buying a 32gb FAT sd card. I did not pay that much for this tablet and the places that I have asked about this FAT sd card said it'll be over $100 for it. Does anyone know if there is anything else I can do to get into my tablet?

jpfx

Dec 26, 2010
I think they mean 2GB FAT or FAT32 formatted sd card. what else did they tell you?

I would imagine you need the recovery image that they can give you. copy that on to the SD card and boot into recovery mode (which often involves pressing the + volume key while turning on).

There's no way you need a 32GB card. we're looking at under $10 from walmart here.

I looked up a panimage 7", it's a microsd card you need, the max size is 32GB but you should be good to go with 2GB.

This could be the instructions and update here: http://www.panimagemedia.net/downloads/

Having now read the instructions I would say you'd be okay with a 512MB microsd card if cost is an issue. The recovery image is only 230MB total.

Last edited: