Looking for 1st Tablet ever, Can someone advise me what to buy?

car_pe_dium

Jan 25, 2011
I'm looking for a tablet that does quick surfing, has capabilities of Flash for watching videos and online games that require that, android market and a decent ereader. I've been told that only a 2.2 will allow me to do the online games I want. Is that right? Keep in mind that I have very little computer speak in me and will probably have to google everything you say. lol. Please advise. Price range is $300 or below. Thanks :confused:

car_pe_dium

Jan 25, 2011
P.S. I did see one that looked good. The eLocity a7 but I don't believe it has android market. Is there a way to fix that? Or download something to get it? Thanks again for any help :)

phantom21

Jan 27, 2011
It depends what you want. However, I ahve a Coby Kyros. It comes with Android 2.1, 4 GB RAM, mini USB 2.0, mini HDMI out for 1080p output, ARM processor at 800MHz, Wifi b/g, headphones (yes, it plays movies and music, has a direct to YouTube app), 2 USB converter cables - to connect from the mini to male and female full size USB cables, a stylus which is inserts to a built in space on the unit, a microSD card slot to add up to 16 GB memory, a leathertte book like cover, and a bunch of installed apps. No camera. There's supposed to be a speaker but I haven't seen it. A pretty good manual and a wipe for the view glass (it gets very oily from your hand).

I've seen it on Amazon for $155. I got it on sale at PC Richard for $149.

I like it lots.

Mark

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Archos 70 is the best tablet available around $300 for someone with little computer speak.

You don't need to consider anything else, reason being that other tablets take significantly more work to get to a good working state compared to the Archos 70.

min10-2008

Dec 21, 2010
I'm looking for a tablet that does quick surfing, has capabilities of Flash for watching videos and online games that require that, android market and a decent ereader. I've been told that only a 2.2 will allow me to do the online games I want. Is that right? Keep in mind that I have very little computer speak in me and will probably have to google everything you say. lol. Please advise. Price range is $300 or below. Thanks :confused:

Hi Seize the day,

I'm not much of a tech head, lots of researching I've found after Chinese New Yr about 12th Feb., 1 merchant is releasing Flytouch 3 with Android 2.3, flash, wifi, GPS & 3G connection 2 USB/2TF's & heaps more (try googling 'china grabber'). Am biding my time as the tab was my Xmas pressie but I'd rather wait for the next installment with more goodies attached. Flash is important if you want to watch videos. I'm interested in ereader & GPS so I can tell my OH 'where to go' so to speak. LOL.;)

This is a top forum ask as many questions as you need. Android tabs are relatively new so ensure you do heaps of research. Good luck & welcome to the forum.

librarian

Jan 27, 2011
Hi Seize the day,

I'm not much of a tech head, lots of researching I've found after Chinese New Yr about 12th Feb., 1 merchant is releasing Flytouch 3 with Android 2.3, flash, wifi, GPS & 3G connection 2 USB/2TF's & heaps more (try googling 'china grabber'). Am biding my time as the tab was my Xmas pressie but I'd rather wait for the next installment with more goodies attached. Flash is important if you want to watch videos. I'm interested in ereader & GPS so I can tell my OH 'where to go' so to speak. LOL.;)

This is a top forum ask as many questions as you need. Android tabs are relatively new so ensure you do heaps of research. Good luck & welcome to the forum.

I looked on China Grabber and found it. I also found one listed on ebay. However, it does not list the OS as android 2.3, but rather android 2.2.

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Go to Elocitynow.com and check out A7. Everything you want ! Then go to shopnbc.com and check out item V400561 or just type in Elocity in search box, Price 299.95 or 6 payments of 49.95 0 % on debit card. I bought one it's amazing!

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Elocitynow.com will have Android 2.3 firmware for download available soon, with Android market!