Looking for a tablet suitable for college

guthrieaa

Jun 11, 2012
Hello,
I'm new to the world of tablets, but am interested in getting one for college. Since I have no knowledge of tablets, I'm looking for some guidance. I am looking for a tablet about 7" in size. I need the tablet to use wifi. Mainly, I am planning to use it to check email, browse the web, read ebooks, and take notes. I would like to be able to use a stylus to take notes and able to open and write on powerpoints. A USB port would be helpful as well. I am looking to spend no more than $350. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Hello,
I'm new to the world of tablets, but am interested in getting one for college. Since I have no knowledge of tablets, I'm looking for some guidance. I am looking for a tablet about 7" in size. I need the tablet to use wifi. Mainly, I am planning to use it to check email, browse the web, read ebooks, and take notes. I would like to be able to use a stylus to take notes and able to open and write on powerpoints. A USB port would be helpful as well. I am looking to spend no more than $350. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Hi guthrieaa, Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II and Ramos W17Pro are suitable for college student:

Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II: 7 inch IPS screen, dual core, 1G RAM, 16GB internal storage, fast web browsing and office format like powerpoint, excel etc are supported, $169.99 with free China Post shipping, will be in the market within one week;

Ramos W17Pro: 7 inch capacitive screen, dual core, 1G RAM, 16GB internal storage, $138.99 with free China Post shipping.

guthrieaa

Jun 11, 2012
Thank you for the advice. If I decide I would rather have a 10" one, which would be the best? I really like the Samsung galaxy tab and I'm thinking about buying a refurbished one. Is this a good idea?

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Thank you for the advice. If I decide I would rather have a 10" one, which would be the best? I really like the Samsung galaxy tab and I'm thinking about buying a refurbished one. Is this a good idea?

For 10''tablet, you may have a look at following two:

Onda Vi40 Dual Core: Amlogic AML8726-M dual core CPU, 9.7 inch IPS screen, 1024x768 resolution, 1GB RAM and 16GB internal storage, HDMI supported, will hit the market within 2 weeks.

SmartQ T19: TI OMAP 4430 dual core CPU, 10.1 inch IPS screen, 1280x800 resolution, 1G RAM and 8GB internal storage, HDMI supported.

You don't need to buy a refurbished one when you can buy a new one :)

Last edited:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011

Hi guthrieaa,
For 7 inch tablets, i would recommend the Ainol novo 7 Aurora, and Ainol novo 7 Elf II, both for $149.99 shipped in our site, and for 10 inch tablets, i would recommend the Cube U30GT, and Yuandao N90 II for you, both with dual core processor and high resolution IPS screen, hope you'll get what you want finally, Good luck! :)

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
I suggest that you look at 8" and larger tablets. 8" tablets are as portable as the 7" models but you will come to appreciate the larger screen. Between the 8" and 10.1" sizes there are various models (8.9", 9.7", etc.) you might check out.

Make sure the tablet you purchase has ICS, at least 1 GB memory and a dual core (or better processor.) Internal storage should be at least 8GB (but with 16GB models in the proce range, you should consider 16GB) A full powered USB port, WiFi B, G AND N, Bluetooth and an microSD card slot are other necessities. An HDMI output is nice, but not necessary.

Try to avoid models that require an adapter for the microSD card or USB connections.

Last edited: