MalaRom 1.1.0 for M701(-R) released

mala

Jan 25, 2011
Hello chumps and chumpettes

Today I have released MalaRom 1.1.0 on my website:
http://www.michel-lange.net/tcc/

Just in time for you to spend the Christmas nerding with your tablets.

The package contains an elaborate flashing guide. I strongly recommend that you follow it. It will make your life easier, even if you have flashed many times before.

Enjoy

LONDONBOY73

Feb 16, 2011
That Malarom is good. Only trouble is there's no way to set to flight mode and disable the phone elements, and therefore you can't register google accounts or market access as you can't sign in and authenticate as it is looking to use the 3g and won't use the Alan, and even if it's on.

upthecreek101

Jan 3, 2011
I've had no problems at all with Malarom even though my tablet is a Chinese fake, and not a real Haipad M701. Airplane mode and other settings work as with my previous stock 2.1. Google apps and the Market all OK with just Wifi.

LONDONBOY73

Feb 16, 2011
Okay, well I'mm obviously doing something wrong then... I've got the 4gb Micron M701-r, I've flashed the rom several times over a totally clean internal memory and totally clean sd card. What I end up with, is a 2.3 rom, but 'can't establish reliable data connection' when trying to add a google account and no market app within the drawer - it's on the machine as when you go to manage the apps, it's there, just not showing up anywhere. I can work around to sign in the google account by side loading youtube app onto it and logging in that way to get my gmail and syncing happening, but still no market, I then get the connection error/retry message. Also at that point maps will not let me sign into location, so there's obviously a verification thing going on somewhere. I've checked my account and don't have 2step verificiation, I've tried changing the google id by creating a fresh one from an emulator..... so anybody who's had success, what have you done differently or any suggestions? - oh, and before you say about dalvik cache or other cache cleaning.... been there, done that.... I've nowehere mentally left to turn.... apart from that, great rom....lol

m05490

Jan 5, 2012
well done.
Just update my hipad 701 2GB from 2.1_update1 to 2.3.3 with this rom.
All ok.

Dan - Italy

LONDONBOY73

Feb 16, 2011
Well, after several failed attempts, I have finally got my M701-r 4gb Micron to accept your rom and get the rom fully up and working.

I went through the instructions painfully to the letter. The problems that I was encountering, re: Google sync, market showing, etc... still persisted until I did the following sequence of events:

1.Debug-level format internal & External storage
2.Manually set the date & time
3.Flash malarom 1.1.0
4.Do not complete any of the addtional steps to calibrate, restore settings etc,
5.Re-check date and time manually and adjust if necessary
6.Re-flash malarom 1.1.0 with a debug-level format.
7.Allow callibration settings
8.Connect to a mobile hotspot through my htc droid instead of my regular house cable connection
9.Leave for 10 minutes.
10.Add Google Account
11.Leave it for 10 minutes

... after all this, the tablet is now functioning 'normally', my summation is it is either the Date & Time, or the type of wireless connection that caused my troubles. Either way, I have exhausted my testing and have found a workaround.... and can confirm, Nice Rom.

claussteg

Jan 8, 2012
Have I bricked MINE???

I followed the instructions to the letter, twice so far... Didn't find any apparent problems. I have the 4GB HY(Hynix) version (as a to result of the memory when I connect to Windows), is there a way to confirm the version???

Well, so I followed the instructions, found no problem... The upgrade window comes to the green borders. I turn the tablet off, and when I turn it back on, it doesn't start. It's just a black screen, illuminated, black screen... and after some time it turns back off....

What may I be doing wrong?

Thanks from Argentina!

upthecreek101

Jan 3, 2011
I can't think of any reason for your problems, but as a long shot maybe you could try installing the previous 1.0.1 version?

This what I've got on my tablet and it has worked prefectly from day 1.

b6690556

Feb 8, 2012
Hello,

At the beginning I have to say that Mala's ROM is great. It's very fast and stable (by now, at least ;-) The only problem I have is adding a google account. I've processed ever point of LONDONBOY73's instruction, but had no luck. I still get "can't establish reliable data connection" error message. I've checked carefully date&time, tried 3 diffrent wifi routers (including htc hotspot like LONDONBOY73 suggested), but none of them is working. Is there any other solution of this problem out there ? I don't know if it's connected to strange behaviour I've encounter - there is a GSM signal strength indicator (displaying none of 4 bars of course) on status bar. There wasn't one in my previous ROM (original eclair). It's really strange as my tablet has no GSM modem.

Oh, I'm using m701 2GB version if that's matter.

germarine

Mar 7, 2012
Hi I just did the process and didn´t see the google market app, I read somewhere that it appears the first time I connect to the Internet, so I tried to switch the wifi on, but then I saw that it is not turning on, efter a few seconds it just shoes "error" instead of "connecting to ..", or "getting IP", or "Connected to X network". What can be happenning??? The tablet is booting normally, the only issue I found was the wifi (most important feature of it). Mine is Hynix.

CarpeDiem

Apr 20, 2012
Mala:

I love your ROM! I have two M701-R (4gb 256 HY) tables. I noticed that the battery usage shows that the majority of the battery is being used by cell standby. In the original 2.1 ROM you could actually turn enable airplane mode and still leave wifi on. This helped eliminate cell standby. In your ROM if you turn on airplane mode cell standby still seems to run.

I am new to flashing ROMs and such. But was wondering if you had and tips on maximizing battery life.

I thought about some suggestions from [SCRIPT] Remove Cell Standby Service (No Effect on Battery Life!) - xda-developers but have not done any modifications yet.

Thanks!

-CarpeDiem

Falcon_68

Apr 20, 2012
Hello!
I have just got my hands on a used HW-701T and wondering if this Rom would suit this unit ?
This Android system is rather new for me so i'll take it a bit carefull before i do anything :)
The previous owner has played with this unit so the firmware in it is not original, when i check device info it says Model nr:S22E,Kernel version 2.6.32.9#1002 , Build nr:Ver.2.2.0128.3.03.20110330-164806 , Firmware version 2.2 .
When i connect to pc and check size of Storage it says 2.97GB ?
One problem at this unit is that Wifi is not working and when i check for Mac adress: there is none :-(
/Falcon_68

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I believe the HW-701T was sold under a number of names and model numbers including "S22" and "HaiPad MID702" but that doesn't mean the Haipad M701 firmware will work (some people say it does others say don't try it - I'm pretty sure the 702 uses the same Samsung storage chips as the M701 though, so you'd have to try the firmware for a 2GB tablet if you want to risk it). There is another thread on the forums specific to the actual model you have about restoring the ORIGINAL firmware (which was a faked Android 2.2 that was really 2.1). A quick look at the links to the firmware downloads in that thread shows they're pretty much all dead links - but you could PM the people who had the files posted in their DropBox accounts and see if you can still get the files from them. The MAC address is a whole other issue.