Malata ZPAD T2

cyberon

Mar 10, 2011
Depends on your needs. Make your nandroids and choose one.

Thanks, so if I install the Ezpad one I will be able to do all the following?
*Plug a 500G Seagate NTFS USB powered harddrive and read the files?
*Use GPS?

thanks in advance!

cyberon

Mar 10, 2011
ok, fixed the NTFS issue now.
thanks Jeffrey.

but now the headphones don't work, although I didn't test it before so not sure whether it has anything to do with the ROM.

Just to confirm, when I plug in the headphone it should cut out all sound from the internal speakers right? because I can still hear something coming out from the zpad but nothing from the headphones.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Plugging headphones normally cuts out sound from the speakers, or it is usually a firmware bug. I don't actually have the Zpad, so I can only tell you so much from reading a few of the webpages.

foobaz123

Nov 22, 2010
ok, fixed the NTFS issue now.
thanks Jeffrey.

but now the headphones don't work, although I didn't test it before so not sure whether it has anything to do with the ROM.

Just to confirm, when I plug in the headphone it should cut out all sound from the internal speakers right? because I can still hear something coming out from the zpad but nothing from the headphones.

Which rom did you install? Let me know and I will see if my Z is behaving the same as yours. :)

Sent from the awesome ZTab :D

shenit

Jul 17, 2010
Andrew, have you fixed your headphones issue? Its a bug on the firmware and it should be fixed by replacing the boot.img file I send you earlier on. Anyone interested to use NTFS external hard drive with their Zpad can install the firmware Andrew used, it work flawlessly.

lanegd01

Mar 31, 2011
Andrew, have you fixed your headphones issue? Its a bug on the firmware and it should be fixed by replacing the boot.img file I send you earlier on. Anyone interested to use NTFS external hard drive with their Zpad can install the firmware Andrew used, it work flawlessly.
What is the firmware needed and how do I do that.
I also have the angry birds issue, runs install bar but then says not installed.
I don't have google market either just some chinese site with no English. Not very helpful. They are sending me an English PDF manual for the Zpad . Hopefully soon. Other than these small things I love it
Thanks

cyberon

Mar 10, 2011
Ended up returning the Zpad. It failed miserably and can't do alot of things, especially some of the basic things you would expect a pad to do: GPS doesn't work, has trouble playing HD videos, games are buggy (esp the game where you roll a metal marble along a maze -the 'gravity/level' sensor doesn't work), internet surfing is buggy.
What's even more suprising is that after hours and hours with people who are so called 'experts' in this field, the above issues baffle them as well.

Gadgetx

Jul 6, 2011
Guys,

I dont get it...for a week i got convinced by web that T8 as newest model more advanced, better...etc...then T2. So i spent today online 600$ + 49USD DHL express to get this beast as good investment for long time (assuming its best tablet with power which can handle long term demands...)

Now some weird finding...
ZPAD T2:
Welcome to MALATA!
They say: hardware
3D acceleration

BUT on ZPAD T8 they say nothing about 3D:
Welcome to MALATA!

in other hand both says Tegra 2 T20....

Confusing and frustrating....

Other question, Since no one was willing attach GPS module with t8-3g i ordered...Any one knows if I can use GPS usb dongle from dealextreme as GPS for t8-3g?

Please help me understand what i am missing here :)

Thanks!

Last edited: