Market Died on Manual Nooter

frodo

Feb 5, 2011
Hi,

I'm on MN 4.5.25 and was having problems seeing apps on the market, so tried this -

Originally Posted by serchend View Post

here is what I did to fix my market, not sure if it was conicidence or not though.
cleared data for market and then using root explorer renamed vending.apk to vending.apk.sav, rebooted, renamed the vending.apk.sav back to vending.apk and rebooted. after that it worked. could be a fluke, I cant explain why but give it a try it cant hurt.

-which seemed to be working for many

Now when trying to launch the market the app dies just as it starts. I have tried clear cache & data and force stop service framework in nook color tools. Have also tried to clear cache in recovery , all without luck.

have also posted this over in xda, but hoping you jolly helpful folk may have a quick fix for me.

any help appreciated!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
So your Market is force closing everytime you try and open it? Try "wiping data" with Titanium Backup doing it from Nook Color Tools doesn't always do it. Though if you tried to wipe the caches from CWR it should have taken care of it. If you have also unitalled and reinstalled the apk then you might want to revert to stock and start over.

JP