Market Stopped Unexpectedly - downloads paused

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
I get this error too (even after rm'ing the /cache download*.apk files) but apps still eventually download if I keep trying them over and over.

By the way, I don't think this is just an S7 problem

Last edited:

KanedaGS

Feb 10, 2011
Yeah I think it's just the marketplace that's not playing nice with our tablet. Good thing I have the amazon app store for back up.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I'm inclined to think it's a problem with an upgrade to the Market app. I just went into the app info for Market, and there isn't a button showing to uninstall upgrades. Only the Clear cache button is lit up now. My Market is labeled version 1713, and it's what I had when I first turned on the device.

When do updates to the Market app come over? Either we could prevent that, or tell Google there's a problem (asking them to fix it would be just as useless?)

Aja

Jan 25, 2011
I found a solution by asking on market help.

"At last... I have uninstall all latest updates (for Market as well) and everything works OK now."

I simply removed updates for market.
Settings
applications
market
uninstall updates

and now it appears to work. He (she) had a huawei as well, though not an s7. will try to update a few more apps (one at a time) and will letcyou know if i run into problems.

Aja

Jan 25, 2011
okay. it works, BUT undoes itself. SO before i go to market each time, i need to first uninstall market updates. (I have to have simple...I don't understand all the cache, emulator, )

thanks all! I'll keep watching this thread.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
the stuff about the cache was something extra, and probably not related to the problem.

Netcretin

Dec 14, 2010
Yes, I agree. Once I uninstall the Market software updates, I have no problems downloading apps. But as soon as it auto update itself, I get the same problem again. Definitely a Market app issue - hopefully an update fix comes soon.

hhsader

Jan 20, 2011
This is a stupid idea but those of us having this problem.... do we all have the Amazon market?

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
This is a stupid idea but those of us having this problem.... do we all have the Amazon market?

I was thinking the same thing. I installed it for a few mintues and then removed it, but I can not remember whether the problems came first or not.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Fresh reload, when market updates, i am getting paused downloads.... Works after uninstall of updates but comes back after next launch (auto update)

definitely a market problem

Sent from my s7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
There is a workaround for this that I use.

When you download an item, immediately jump back in to the app page before the force close error comes up. You'll still get the error, but the app will download behind the error dialog screen. You have to be somewhat quick about it. It helps if the page you back out to (after clicking "ok" to download) has the app on it so you can immediately jump back in to the app page.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Actually, google help says log out of "talk" and log back in. Still messes up... Wait for a true fix.

Sent from my Ideos S7

Music

Feb 5, 2011
After clearing /cache/ and uninstalling the Market updates, I haven't had any problems. I don't even use "talk" for whatever that is.After about a week and installing an app or two, /cache/ is still empty, so I don't know what /cache is there for, or if & when Market updates get installed. Maybe you have to make a purchase? I did make a purchase once.

Last edited:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Well, it seems like the Market is back to its old buggy self. Yesterday it was fine, but today I noticed the newer 'split-screen' and when I tried to view "My Apps" or update an app, I got a FC.

So I cleared the market cache, uninstalled whatever updates there were and "Fixed market Links" (per Link2SD) and it started working correctly again. /cache/ is empty at this time. This means that the Market hasn't been corrected, or at least not to the S7's liking.

Does anyone know of any relevant information on Market bug fixes, or who to contact with bug reports?

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
Want to fix martket, just update to 2.2!

after made private conversation with odienas this afternoon, finally we have froyo firmware ready to download.

here is for you guys:

Huawei Ideos S7 froyo

Mirror at Mediafire

MD5 checksum for updata.app : 74D031FD717D8BF68956EF3F044C8EEB

Adobe Flash Player APK

update process:

1. unrar the file, copy dload folder to SD Card
2. turn off the unit
3. turn on and wait until "OK"
4. turn off the unit (i don't know how to switch it off after "OK", but i removed the batterry lol)
5. there is a note from huawei to repeat step 2,3,4 two times. otherwise it will hang at boot screen

i am just help odienas to make a reliable upload and made mirrors, so all credits and kudos goes to odienas for his great effort.