Maximum RAM limitation

wilwahabri

Nov 19, 2012
G'day,

I am looking to upgrade my Viewpad 10, and have obtained a 64Gb SSD, I was wondering what the maximum amount of RAM that can be
installed was, Windows 7 and 8 32 bit systems both support 4Gb, Suitable 4GB SO-DIMMS exist and are relatively cheap, I need to know if the hardware supports
4Gb before spending the moolah!

Appreciate it if anyone can give me the limitations of the system regarding RAM.

Would also appreciate knowing what is the maximum speed memory to use in the system. PC3-1060 DDR3 is the rating I think I should be using, anyone confimrm this please?

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
G'day,

I am looking to upgrade my Viewpad 10, and have obtained a 64Gb SSD, I was wondering what the maximum amount of RAM that can be
installed was, Windows 7 and 8 32 bit systems both support 4Gb, Suitable 4GB SO-DIMMS exist and are relatively cheap, I need to know if the hardware supports
4Gb before spending the moolah!

Appreciate it if anyone can give me the limitations of the system regarding RAM.

Would also appreciate knowing what is the maximum speed memory to use in the system. PC3-1060 DDR3 is the rating I think I should be using, anyone confimrm this please?

Sorry many people confuse storage with Ram , you can't add more Ram to your device you are just adding more storage.

Heck maybe you can this is a windows tablet, lol windows does things differently than android. I haven't seen any android tablet with upgradeable ram, just storage.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-10-doesnt-work-4gb-ram-pc3-10600-sodimm.html

Last edited:

waterhead

Jan 16, 2012
I believe it will support 2GB of RAM. Since it only has one slot, a 2GB DDR3 PC3-10600 could be used.

But, it is very difficult to get at, as it is on the underside of the main board. You have to completely disassemble the tablet to do this. Here are two pictures that I took of mine. One with the front off, and then one with the main board loosened and flipped to the left like a page of a book. Mine is an Azpen X1 tablet, but essentially the same thing.

Last edited: