vpad10 - only win 7

tomuks19

Sep 30, 2012
hello, i'm from lithuania-so sorry for my bad english...
before 2 weeks i bouth used viewsonic viewpad 10 , it looks perfectly, without any scraches, working fine - 3g,wifi,multitouch function, everything...But i have a problem...in device is only windows 7 ultimate 32bit... my vpad has 32 gb ssd hdd, 1gb ddr3 ram,intel atom n455 1,66ghz cpu.
how i could install any of android fully working version and make dual boot function with win7 ultimate?

i tryed to use android recovery disk, but the bootloader won't recnognize it( i grabed files from cd directly to the 4gb usb flash and tryed to boot from the usb)...

i just want to make my vpad10 with dual os function, as it should be.

waterhead

Jan 16, 2012
Did you read the instructions?
Updating the OS
1) Insert the USB Drive and a USB Keyboard to the ViewPad 10. Make sure that the AC Adapter is connected to prevent sudden loss of power.
2) Turn the ViewPad 10 on and click F11 on the keyboard when the splash screen comes up.
3) Select your USB Drive on the next screen and hit Enter.
4) On the Android install screen, select the last item (Install to Hard Drive)
5) Select SDA1 Linux
6) Select format EXT3
7) Select Yes on the next screen prompts.
8) Reboot when done.
I assume that windows is on the entire drive. You will need for the installer to create a partition for Android. I don't recall the size, but I think 1GB was enough. I also think it must be the first partition.

Edit: I just checked my original drive, and Android is on the first partition (1GB), and windows on the second. You also will want to install the bootloader "GRUB" to the Android partition.

Last edited:

unixdood

Aug 6, 2013
Hi, the link for the origional ISO disk is not available anymore and I really need to get the recovery disk. Does anyone have an iso that i can get? Viewsonic is no help at all. Thanks.

waterhead

Jan 16, 2012
Hi, the link for the origional ISO disk is not available anymore and I really need to get the recovery disk. Does anyone have an iso that i can get? Viewsonic is no help at all. Thanks.

Recovery disk for what? Win 7?

This is a thread about installing Android.

unixdood

Aug 6, 2013
The recovery disk contains the ANDROID version that works with the 10pi. With all the builds for x86 android, none of them allow my WIFI to work. They all install but apparently the drivers for WIFI arent being built into them. I was looking for the actual RECOVERY cd that came with the Viewpad 10PI which contains the android install.

waterhead

Jan 16, 2012
I think you mean an installation CD. I never heard of an Android recovery disk. Sorry for the misunderstanding, maybe someone else can provide it.