Micro SD card not latching.

vankleef

Jun 11, 2011
So got my lovely new Transformer trying to learn my ropes on it,.
Then I get a new 32gig micro Sd card.
So I put it in the slot and well normally they sort of click latch don't they.
Well mine doesn't. If you put it all the way in the tablet reads it and says preparing card but then it just springs loose, well unless you hold it upside down.
Am I missing something? is their a knack I don't know about? or have I got a very strange faulty machine.
How does yours go in?
Strange.

Oh and while I'm here any recommendation on good 'android manual' type thingees. lol

beastman

May 8, 2011
Mine was also tricky to get in. Hold the tablet so the port where the microsd. Card goes is pointing up. Out it is and push it into place. It only fits one way, so don't try to force it.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

vankleef

Jun 11, 2011
ummm doing that. certain it in the right way but it just does not latch. Trying to give it a slight sideways push so that catch thingee on the side locks but not happening.
Going to give it twenty minutes of rest. and then???

vankleef

Jun 11, 2011
Yeah with a nudge of the thumb, a wink and a kiss. Finally it stays in. Phew thought I had a faulty machine their.
That in depth manual asus made really helped me out.

vankleef

Jun 11, 2011
In sumation to anyone else read this thread. Just keep trying eventually you will find the nack and the machine is not faulty.
Well probably not !!!

DJACID

May 7, 2011
Oh and remember to have the transformer in front of you when taking the sd card out,I had it facing to the left and when I press it in the card flew out and hit the sofa on the other side of the room,Luckly still working...

Gin Martini

Oct 20, 2010
Since where talking about microSD card, is there a way to read the microsd card from the eee pad with a PC?
I owned an Archos 101 and when I mount it to the pc, I got 2 removable devices that appears on my PC, but not with Asus and I don't know how to mount or eject it from my pc (I only see a portable device which I can add or delete file)

DJACID

May 7, 2011
Install the Asus Pc sync software from Asus website,You should be fine after installing...