MID 1048 to MID 7048

keaton10689

Aug 31, 2014
Hi, il try and make this quick; i own a mid 1048 which i just picked up about a week ago so i dont know to much about it. but im trying to get recovery on my device but cant use recoverys like cwm because my vol up doesn't work. i know of one called twrp that is a touchscreen interface which i hear works well. but unfortunately for me there is no version for my mid 1048. so on to my question; is there a way to change my devices model number from mid 1048 to mid 7048 or even kindle fire? So i can fool the goo manager app that installs twrp. Iv seen people change these before but i have no idea how to do so. Anyone have any advice?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The build.prop can be edited to change the device model, but even if you did that, what you're looking to do will not work. Custom recoveries such as CWM and TWRP have to be custom built to support a specific device because of hardware requirements. What this means is that installing a custom recovery built for another device is likely to lead to hardware troubles. The recovery may display improperly if at all. Controls may not function at all, especially touch in the case of TWRP.

So, in simpler language, if you want TWRP you'll have to build a copy, as recoveries are customized for the devices they run on.

keaton10689

Aug 31, 2014
bummer ok so are there any recovery options that will work for my device that allows loop scrolling so i can just scroll down until it loops back to the top