Mid 7022 Stuck in recovery mode

Jul 18, 2011
Trying to do a factory reset on my coby kyros 7022 thru recovery mode.(android guy with triangle w/exclamation point) Have tablet in recovery mode, but the back button is not bringing it into next screen finish the reset. What do I do?

:)Got it! Was able to get into menu and factory reset. Thanks for the info in the forums on how to use recovery mode to do factory reset.

Last edited:

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Trying to do a factory reset on my coby kyros 7022 thru recovery mode.(android guy with triangle w/exclamation point) Have tablet in recovery mode, but the back button is not bringing it into next screen finish the reset. What do I do?

:)Got it! Was able to get into menu and factory reset. Thanks for the info in the forums on how to use recovery mode to do factory reset.

How did you get the menu to show up?

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

Jul 18, 2011
I kept resetting and starting the process over again (maybe a dozen times) until i got the timing right and the back button brought me into the menu. Persistence paid off.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
I kept resetting and starting the process over again (maybe a dozen times) until i got the timing right and the back button brought me into the menu. Persistence paid off.

Thats good to know because someone else also needed to do factory reset but couldn't get the menu to show.

Feckweed405

Oct 7, 2011
I kept resetting and starting the process over again (maybe a dozen times) until i got the timing right and the back button brought me into the menu.

So do you hold down the center silver button (home) while restarting then when the android-exclamation comes up you hit home (silver) or back (arrow) button and how quick do you need to hit it?

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
I have always held down the back button until the recovery menu comes up. That way I don't have to worry about timing. Works every time.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Feckweed405

Oct 7, 2011
I have always held down the back button until the recovery menu comes up. That way I don't have to worry about timing. Works every time.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Thanks! We can get to the recovery (! Droid) screen but cant get to the menu. We see the file icon right before the ! Droid but we somehow cant get to the menu screen. Tried HOME (silver round), BACK (arrow to right of home) and MENU (left of home) with no success. Thanks to all for the ideas - we will get it eventually!