MID Tablet RM21 Original or New Firmware needed please.

KawiNinjaZX

Apr 2, 2012
I have a MID tablet RM21, it's an AllWinner A10/A8 1.2Ghz/512MB DDR3 7" tablet. I tried to flash ICS from another ROM and I was confident it would work, but it didn't and my backup somehow won't restore.
If someone knows where I can get the original 2.3.4 firmware or any other working firmware I would really appreciate it. Even if you know another brand of this tab I would be able to find something on it, this tablet is hard to find info for.

I put on one firmware of ICS and it works perfect except that the screen is shifted to the right about an inch.

Last edited by a moderator:

KawiNinjaZX

Apr 2, 2012
I have opened it up and got some info for you guys:
CPU- AllWinnerTech A10 BB007BA 2BJ1
WIFI - Realtek RTL8188CLS
On the motherboard - XWA10-MID-02 V0.2
RAM - ELPIDA J2116DEBG
LCD - SC007DB12B04
Something about "Cootix GT801"

Finally some samsung chips, maybe the flash memory, one is
Samsung 140 K9GBG08UDA-SCB0

smrk28

Apr 13, 2012
I have a MID tablet RM21, it's an AllWinner A10/A8 1.2Ghz/512MB DDR3 7" tablet. I tried to flash ICS from another ROM and I was confident it would work, but it didn't and my backup somehow won't restore.
If someone knows where I can get the original 2.3.4 firmware or any other working firmware I would really appreciate it. Even if you know another brand of this tab I would be able to find something on it, this tablet is hard to find info for.

I put on one firmware of ICS and it works perfect except that the screen is shifted to the right about an inch.

Hi Friend,

Try this firmware 2.3.4
Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

OEM Allwinner A10 Tablet - SlateDroid.com

I have a tablet with similar chip/IC it worked for me.
Only proble i am having is camera is not working and screen size is 800*480 but my tablet supports 800*600

anyway sound , wifi, apps are working....

zdanek

Apr 13, 2012
Hi Friend,

Try this firmware 2.3.4
Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

OEM Allwinner A10 Tablet - SlateDroid.com

I have a tablet with similar chip/IC it worked for me.
Only proble i am having is camera is not working and screen size is 800*480 but my tablet supports 800*600

anyway sound , wifi, apps are working....

I'm also interrested in solution.
My tables looks like having read only FS. I cannot persist any settings. Every restart it's clear. I cannot install any app from Android Markey/Play shop

KawiNinjaZX

Apr 2, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion, I put the ROM on and it seems pretty close to being right, but the screen is off about 1/2 inch. So I guess I'm still looking.

smrk28

Apr 13, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion, I put the ROM on and it seems pretty close to being right, but the screen is off about 1/2 inch. So I guess I'm still looking.

Hi,

Please, let me know when ever you get the solution for this screen problem, or camera.

I am also trying to find out a better image, or may modifying this image for my better screen size.

[email protected]

KawiNinjaZX

Apr 2, 2012
That last firmware seemed to be good besides the screen being off. That seems to be the best I can do. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated, because if I don't find the firmware, I will probably have to junk this thing unfortunately. I will be holding out for a Google Play Tablet if I can't get this resolved.