Mid_m806s / mid 8003 - wm8650

codichulo

Aug 22, 2011
Newbie here with first tablet. I now have a brick sitting here because i tried the uberoid 2.2 upgrade / with HcH's WM8650 config changer and NONE of the options / versions worked on my tab. ordered off amazon, which said it was the MID 8003 8"
however the box& on back of tab states MID_M806S, don't know if those are one in the same. but has VIA WM8650 800Mhz processor.
Anybody out there got any tips or fixes for my brick.

most of the config versions that i used just sat at a black screen that says "WM8650 Uberoid2.2 upgrade preparing, Please wait...." and would never load beyound that.

a couple of the versions proceed like they install sucessfully but then after i take out the sd card and boot it for the first time it just sits at the "Uberoid" splash screen, never loading beyound that.

any hints would be appreciated. other wise this things going back and "i don't know WHAT happened to it.".

Last edited:

GAW_d

Sep 13, 2011
I am on my second one myself... 1st was terrible out of the box. Perhaps you should do same (return sucker). There seems to be several case configs for this unit. Feb-2011 is the mfr date. "S" config means something. ??? This site has helped me the most in explaining what I have. Good luck!

lilyashly

Sep 23, 2011
It took me about 12 hours to figure out their vague instructions for updating firmware on MID 806s...here it is:
I DID IT!!! Here are some CLEAR instructions: for MID 806s 8 inch Google Android Tablet
Download firmware update file here: HYBRiD_WM8650_Uberoid_v6FiNAL.7z
1. Insert Micro SD in PC slot and FORMAT card FAT32
2. Download file to your PC hard drive and extract the entire archived file to the SD card
3. Run changer.bat on the SD card
4. Select 8 (and nothing else) press enter
5. 2 files will be made
6. When it asks to copy file to sd y/n say n
7. When it asks to copy/format SD y/n say n
8. Insert SD card in tablet slot and turn tablet on
9. Tablet will automatically update ROM and go to home screen

USCanthony

Sep 29, 2011
I also have a WM8650 MID 806S tablet with an 8" screen. My experience was slightly different from above. I also downloaded the Uberoid v6Final but when flashing the ROM with option 8, it flashed my tablet with the ROM for a 7" screen and while the tablet did boot after flashing the ROM, the screen was a bit of a mess. I tried reflashing with option 15 selected instead of 8 and that worked perfectly. I alsodid my steps slightly differently (to ensure the ROM I was selecting was the ROM written to the SD card). I unziped the downloaded file to an empty directory on my PC (not the SD card). I ensured the SD card I inserted into my PC was formatted as FAT32. I then ran the changer.bat file from the directory I unzipped the contents of the zip file to on my PC. When asked which number I entered 15 and hit enter. When asked if I wanted to copy the file to the SD card I answered y for yes. I was then asked what drive letter my SD card was and I entered the drive letter. The program then copied the properly configured script file to the root of my SD card as well as creating a "firmware" duirectory on the SD card and copying the files it would need into that directory. Once this was all done I removed the SD card from my PC and inserted into the micro SD slot on the tablet (ensure that the tablet is fully powered off and not just sleeping). Turn on the tablet and the script will run that will update the ROM on the tablet. When the preocess is complete you will be asked to remove the SD card from the tablet. The tablet will then reboot. It may take several minutes the first time it boots with the new ROM but it will eventually get to a screen that will ask you to choose your launcher (ADW or wmt), choose which one you want and enjoy. Everything worked for me doing it this way. I had WiFi, I was able to get the the real android market, I was able to setup my google account on the tablet and I was able to download and install gmail from the market.

snapdragon

Oct 18, 2011
Got it. I used option 15. For some reason it didn't work the first two or three times. I just kept trying different ones.

Now I've calibrated my touchscreen and am happily downloading apps.

Last edited:

sharipagan

Nov 12, 2011
I also have a WM8650 MID 806S tablet with an 8" screen. My experience was slightly different from above. I also downloaded the Uberoid v6Final but when flashing the ROM with option 8, it flashed my tablet with the ROM for a 7" screen and while the tablet did boot after flashing the ROM, the screen was a bit of a mess. I tried reflashing with option 15 selected instead of 8 and that worked perfectly. I alsodid my steps slightly differently (to ensure the ROM I was selecting was the ROM written to the SD card). I unziped the downloaded file to an empty directory on my PC (not the SD card). I ensured the SD card I inserted into my PC was formatted as FAT32. I then ran the changer.bat file from the directory I unzipped the contents of the zip file to on my PC. When asked which number I entered 15 and hit enter. When asked if I wanted to copy the file to the SD card I answered y for yes. I was then asked what drive letter my SD card was and I entered the drive letter. The program then copied the properly configured script file to the root of my SD card as well as creating a "firmware" duirectory on the SD card and copying the files it would need into that directory. Once this was all done I removed the SD card from my PC and inserted into the micro SD slot on the tablet (ensure that the tablet is fully powered off and not just sleeping). Turn on the tablet and the script will run that will update the ROM on the tablet. When the preocess is complete you will be asked to remove the SD card from the tablet. The tablet will then reboot. It may take several minutes the first time it boots with the new ROM but it will eventually get to a screen that will ask you to choose your launcher (ADW or wmt), choose which one you want and enjoy. Everything worked for me doing it this way. I had WiFi, I was able to get the the real android market, I was able to setup my google account on the tablet and I was able to download and install gmail from the market.

Dude I did it just the way you did but on mine when it comes to choosing the adw or wmt the screen doesnt let me choose!!! What can I do???

daveloves

Apr 1, 2012
Hi, Can you send me that link for the update since i clicked on it and it says it is marked as private, for some reason.. I have just received one of these Mid 806S Tablets and have another one i got last week and i think i bricked the first one trying to figure out which changer file to use. Now it won't even boot but does charge and that is it.. It won't even viberate... Now i have 2 with the same problem... By the way when i tried to take it apart the first one has 4 screws (2) under the back lower label and (2) under the top plastic speaker cover.. The second one i have does not show any screws but i am sure there are 2 at the bottom since i have gotton almost the whole thing out but not the bottom area. Can't find any way to get to the screws and the screen cover does not seem to come off without damage... What do you think ?

Danny1947

Jun 22, 2012
It took me about 12 hours to figure out their vague instructions for updating firmware on MID 806s...here it is:
I DID IT!!! Here are some CLEAR instructions: for MID 806s 8 inch Google Android Tablet
2. Download file to your PC hard drive and extract the entire archived file to the SD card
5. 2 files will be made

Can you send me that link for the update since i clicked on it and it says it is marked as private

edgar10

Oct 8, 2012
5. 2 files will be made
Oye quisiera pedirte una ayuda lo k pasa eske no puedo descargar el archivo y ami tambien me pasa quisiera ver si me pudieras ayudar porfavor la verdad tengo 3 meses k mi tablet no la uso :(

Dantevil011

Oct 31, 2012
hello file you mention to download the file to go to the address says it is private and only the owner can access think otherwise to facilitate the file as it urges me fix my tablet

thanks

Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

this is how it appears when clicking on the link