Missing Calendar App and Sync

jeremyjt

Aug 5, 2012
Bought a Newsmy T3 tablet (Chinese Made) running Android 4.0. I have no calendar App nor any options to sync a calendar. I have the gmail app installed, but when I go to accounts under settings, I don't even get the option of syncing my google calendar. Is there any where I can download the google calendar sync and calendar app?

johnnyK

Sep 30, 2012
Bought a Newsmy T3 tablet (Chinese Made) running Android 4.0. I have no calendar App nor any options to sync a calendar. I have the gmail app installed, but when I go to accounts under settings, I don't even get the option of syncing my google calendar. Is there any where I can download the google calendar sync and calendar app?

I have the same problem. There are solutions on fora that mention (A) a reset to factory settings that have worked (but not for me though). (B) Create a whole new Google account and use that on your droid (did not work for me either). (C) clear all data from your droid and allow complete resync (did not work for me, did for others).
Concluding: If the calendar sync app is not working or completely missing (looks like it) and fiddling around with it (as the three options mentioned above) doesn't work, there seems to be no structural solution.

I have been looking for a third party piece of software, but no luck so far. I am now using Jorte calendar, but that does not work on any desktop (unless you sync with a google calendar, which does not work, obviously).

HELP!
Before anyone else starts suggesting to check the sync calendar option. THERE IS NO SUCH OPTION. IT IS REALLY MISSING! TRULY (it is getting tiresome, there is really no such option on my droid. There is on my other two droids, but not on the one I am talking about. I know it is weird. Please only react if you have a solution, more remarks that is is weird that there is no option is very tiresome).

Last edited:

johnnyK

Sep 30, 2012

This worked for me on an Android with ICS and no sync calendar option in ...settings...accounts&sync...[accountname]

1. You need root access (superuser)
2. Open a file manager and go to \system\app\
... You get a warning, are you sure? Yes!
3. Execute calendar.apk and calendarprovider.apk
?? Do you want to install this app? Yes!
... Android gives a warning, install anyway
4. Restart your Android

Et voila.