Missing features between Android 4.1 and 4.2

Feb 22, 2014
I just purchased a Cube U51GT Talk7X tablet with Android 4.2.2 to replace my dead after 1 year Sanei tablet running Android 4.1.1.

The Cube is, so far, much better then the Sanei. However, there seems to be 2 features of the older Android that I miss (or can't find!)

1: Under 4.1.1 the camera had a panoramic mode. But, I can't find the same feature on the 4.2.2 version. Watching a video on You Tube that points out the difference between the 2 It shows the camera having such a feature. Plus, I notice that the camera app in the video don't look anything like the camera on my tablet. There is no "focus" ring display. And the camera in the YouTube video has 1 big record button and you have to choose if you want a video or a still before touching it. The camera on the CUBE as both a icon for stills and a icon for videos. Also you can't get to the camera by swiping right to left from the lock page as it was shown in the You Tube Video.

(plus the YouTube video states that staring with Android 4.2 Google Chrome is the default browser. Yet on my CUBE the browser is the same one as in version 4.1, and I also don't have Gesture Typing )

2: On the Sanei I was able to play MPEG 1 and MPEG-2 (among other) video files. But, on the Cube all I can seem to play is MP4 videos using the built in video player. I have tried using the MoboPlayer app that I had on the Sanei, however, all it plays is the audio that type of files. Is this the fault of the OS, or do I have to download a special or newer version app?

So, what is going on? Do I have the full Android 4.2.2 version on my tablet? Is 4.2.2 a downgrade from 4.2? Or has the tablet's manufacture decide that its changes are superior then what Android provided?

Last edited: