MLB.TV / MLB At Bat - does it work on VTab?

gleas293

Oct 20, 2011
Hey everyone - does anyone know if the MLB.TV works to stream live MLB games on the VTAB? I understand the process (download MLB At Bat Lite app, then log in to your MLB.TV account). Also, I read that MLB.TV is supported by both Android tablets and phones (one app works for both). I also believe it said all devices running version 2.2 and up. Before I shell out the cash for the MLB.TV service, I wanted to see if anyone else has had experience as to whether or not it works on the Vtab. MLB has a limited list of devices it works on, listed below.

Any help provided would be great - thanks!

***MLB.TV Support - We are adding devices for MLB.TV as we test them. We will update the list below with the current set of supported devices. New device support will be added outside of a new app update.***
MLB.TV Handsets Supported - Tested
HTC Droid Incredible
HTC Evo 4G
HTC Evo Shift
HTC G2
HTC Thunderbolt
LG Nitro HD
Motorola Droid 2
Motorola Droid 3
Motorola Droid Bionic
Motorola Droid Pro
Motorola Droid X
Sony Xperia Play
Samsung Droid Charge
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy S II (AT&T)
Samsung Nexus S
Samsung Nexus S 4G
More to come
MLB.TV Tablets Supported - Tested Amazon Kindle Fire
Motorola Xoom
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 (VZW Only)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (3.1 Android OS only)
More to come

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
MLB at Bat 12 does work I have it loaded up right now. The live audio works great and the video highlights work but the video quality is not great. I can't say whether the live streaming games (mlb tv) works since I have not ordered MLB tv. As far as MLB lite I just ordered Mlb at Bat 12 for 14$ from the market and live audio for the season is included. I understand that if you get mlb tv then at bat is included.

Jim

jhaynes1230

Oct 7, 2011
The live streaming will not work. At least it didn't last season. I dropped my subscription as a result. Also, the blackouts are so restrictive the subscription is almost useless anyway.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Hedgeco

Mar 22, 2012
I just upgraded my HTC Flyer from gingerbread to Android 3.2 Honeycomb yesterday. MLB tv works perfectly right through the browser. You do not need the at bat app. Just log in and listen.