Well my replacement Vizio died now out of warranty

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
I truly did like my Vizio but since I have now had one defective screen, one defective refurb that replaced the original and now the new Tab that replaced the refurb died. So for me it's time to move on. I have no regrets the Vizio introduced me to Android tablets and I love them and it was a fun tablet. But as patient as I am since Vizio has not come out with a new tablet I decided to replace it with a new tab. I was really torn over the new Nexus 7 or the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 in the end playing with both I choose the Samsung I like it better and I also like the SD card. For me apps are not the problem its the ton of photos I load on my tablets since I do photography professionally on the side and I use the tablet as a portfolio. Plus I wasn't to keen on the home screen being locked in the portrait mode and last I know the Samsung works with MLB at Bat and MLB TV and thats huge for me. But I will say this the Nexus 7 did feel nice and it had a nice screen but I couldn't tell the difference when looking at photos.

Last my only problem is now I am stuck with two Vizio chargers and a Vizio portfolio I might ask around my neck of the woods if anyone has a Vizio and needs these items if not I guess no real big deal.

Thanks guys hope to see some of you on the Samsung forum and I will pop in occasionally you guys were a tremendous help!

Jim

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hey Jim, sorry to hear your last Vizio gave up the ghost. Glad to see you have a great attitude about it. There is no reason to get rid of one as long as it is working but once it does there are quite a few great options to move on to. Samsung has been cranking out some great devices I am sure you will be happy with it :)

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
Thanks again I wish I could thank the forum as a whole I had a ton of help. I agree if my Vizio still worked I would not have moved on but I also got a great deal at Walmart on my Samsung, here in Memphis its tax free weekend and when I checked out for buying the Samsung I got a 50$ Walmart gift card I didn't see it advertised anywhere online so I was like wow I just got my Samsung for $200 dollars.

Jim

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
As I posted in a thread I just started: My VTAB may be flaking out. We'll see. If so: Not real impressive for a 1-year-old product that cost me over $200. I don't know what Vizio's non-warranty repair rates are, but if it is dead or dying, I think I'd spend $200-$250 on something else before investing another $100 in repairing the VTAB.

Jim

Oct 10, 2011
Jim, My first thought was to replace the battery until I found only one site that carried them at a price of $90 (without shipping).

Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet Main Battery - BP-BRN-12/3000 LS

Unless an affordable compatible battery replacement exists it just might be time to upgrade to a newer multi core unit. I still love my VTAB but it is only used when portability is an issue meaning it only gets charged on an average of once a week.

If you do replace it, let us know what you chose and how you like it as ours will probably start falling apart soon as well.