Motorola XOOM gets Android 3.2 Honeycomb update, adds SD support

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011

xoomupdate.jpg

When it comes to the Motorola XOOM (as with many other tablets as well), there are two models available – one with Wi-Fi connectivity only, while the other not only supports Wi-Fi connections, but will be able to fall back on 3G networks if the need arises. For folks who fall under the former category, you can have the last laugh at the moment, as the Wi-Fi only XOOM will be powered by the new Android 3.2 Honeycomb operating system – yes, you read that right, Android 3.2. Just make sure the version you download has a build code of HTJ85B so as not to get duped.

Along with the nifty new zoom feature, the update brings the long-awaited support for SD Cards. It will be rolled out in stages though, so do check whether the update is available at the moment or not.

Better enjoy the latest version of Honeycomb now before Ice Cream Sandwich hits the scene sometime in the future. For those who have already downloaded and installed Android 3.2 Honeycomb on your Wi-Fi XOOM, how are you liking it?

Source: Xoom Forums via Android Community

doyone

Jun 4, 2011
i am enjoying the access to my 16gb sd card . so far so good. the upgrade went very smotthly on my xoom and i just inserted a 16gb sd card that i had on my blackberry. the slot recognized the card and it just works!

jaksh

Jul 15, 2011
Seems the external SD card is read only. Any way to enable write access?

Also seems I have lost the ability to play video sense 3.2 today.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

Chuckroid

Jul 18, 2011
Anybody else have a working sd card? Read only?

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

yurei

Jul 9, 2011
stock 3.2 no write.

rooted, with root explorer, read and write.

but if rooted. chances are running custom kernel/rom and overclocked to boot

in which case sd worked a long time ago.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk