Moving files from sd card to internal storage?

specmac

Oct 19, 2010
Internal storage shows up as "sdcard" on the tab and the actual sdcard shows up as /sdcard/external_sd. Use a file manger such as astro or the built in app "my files" to move the files from /sdcard/external_sd to /sdcard.

Note in the"my files" app when you open the app, you are at "root" which is actually "/sdcard/". In other words "my files" opens up by default pointing at the root of internal storage.

Yes, Samsung couldn't have made this more confusing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab.

applewhite29

Feb 5, 2011
What ure saying sounds great, but none of the files in /sdcard/ or "root" are writeable. Have u tried writing to the internal storage? I downloaded a ton of file mangers i.e Super Manager and Astro. They have the function to allow moving the files, but when i do it, i get an error saying "move failed". So annoying! Any thoughts.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tablet

specmac

Oct 19, 2010
Yes I can and have written files to these locations. Not sure whats up with your device.

applewhite29

Feb 5, 2011
I wanted to swap files from one sd card to another, so instead of doing it thru my laptop, i wanted to move it to internal storage then to another sd. But from what i learned, i have to root the tab in order to get to the internal storage. Any other ideas?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tablet

specmac

Oct 19, 2010
Rooting is not required to move files between the internal and external sdcards. Something is not right with your device.