mw8650 only powers on with auto charger

mabrock

Apr 8, 2012
It will work only when plugged into 12v power supply sitting in car. It shows a full battery, but when it is not plugged into that auto charger, it absolutely does nothing. No lights, won't even try to turn on. What could be the problem? Have gotten quite a few home chargers and it will not turn on or show any signs of life, only with the auto car charger. Anyone have any ideas for me to try?

mabrock

Apr 8, 2012
the original home charger does not work anymore. We have the car charger for it and it only operates and comes on with it plugged into the car charger. but who wants to sit in their hot car to use it? Any ideas?

If I was to reinstall the orignal program would that work or is it just because it won't charge on the home charger that it won't no matter if we reset it or not? Totally lost here on what to do

alesh

Mar 24, 2013
Try the following:
Do it yourself converter $12V-to-9V-DC-Car-Converter-ElectroSuite.jpg

Or buy a universal adapter for 9v Ac/dc Adaptor 9V 1A | eBay

mabrock

Apr 8, 2012
ok I bought the universal as shown and when it came the end was way too big. Anyone else have any ideas of why it only works when using the auto charger?

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
-It works with your car charger, so that part of the circuit and the tablet are OK.
- You say your home charger is not functional.
-If the battery shows full charge but the tablet won't run on the battery, it is highly likely that the battery is dead / defective.
-I have never seen a software change or update that will revive a dead battery.

I think you are down to the options of buying the proper charger to use this in your house or tearing it apart and replacing the battery. To be brutally honest, these tablets are not worth spending this type of time and money on. I have one and had it apart several times and did some modifications just because I wanted to but it made no financial sense. Spend the $120 or so that it will take to get a Lenovo A1 or a Asus Memo and you will be far happier and have a functional tablet that won't frustrate you every time you use it.