My Ideos S7 BRICKED! Help ASAP Before My Mom Knows!

korihimaru

Nov 27, 2011
Hey there guys
I Tried to use Eris - Market Fix while using Ideos s7 Slim
i know im stupid for using eris compatible apps but some of i saw worked
i tried it on my ideos then it said success! i should likely restart the device.
after i tried to reboot BOOM! black screen when i open
it vibrates frequently then 5 second vibrate then another frequent vibrate
i am so dead. is there any chance to fix it?
THANKS! HOPE SOMEBODY WILL REPLY ASAP

btw its rooted a long time ago via gingerbreak

kosenn

Oct 6, 2011
You may have to reinstall the firmware. Remove the battery and you will see what model you have. Download and copy to memory card. Create a folder on your mem. card (dload) Inside that folder should be 3 files(unlmt.cfg, UPDATA.APP, upg). Remove battery to make sure device is off. Insert mem. card then reinsert battery and press the power button. Wait for update to finish. The screen will show ok. (important)Remove the mem. card before you reboot. Hope this works for you.

korihimaru

Nov 27, 2011
Thanks for the answers.
LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU AGAIN
After I open it. No logo appears

i did the reset thing and all i see is a flashing white strip and menu button keeps blinking
what will i do? thanks

P.S.
its a philippine telpad which is hosted by PLDT
telpad icon flashes for a milisecond then turns off =/
is there any hope?

@kosenn thank you for your reply
unfortunately my the 8gb memory is built in and sadly, i dont have a mem.card
what will i do?
Thanks

Last edited:

kosenn

Oct 6, 2011
Try to borrow one from a friend. Once you install the firmware you can delete the dload folder and return it. Is there a place near you where you can buy a cheap one? The actual dload folder is only 271MB. The memory card only needs to be 500MB or larger.

CooCkie

Jan 23, 2011
Just experience a problem with my huawei s7-201w, market wont open then I tried a reset and got stuck on fastboot and tried restarting the unit but it keeps on booting on fastboot, i had no choice but to repgram the unit with a compatible firmware, now my problem is pldt dialer application is not available at the market... Is there a third party app available to work as my dialer for the dock that came with tablet, or will there be someone to upload a backup app of the dialer...

kosenn

Oct 6, 2011
The first time I had to reinstall the firmware I used one of the Indonesian roms(S7-201u). It has a dialer app built in. My tablet was the wifi only model so I found the rom for the US model S7-201w, and used that.

CooCkie

Jan 23, 2011
@kosenn
Thanx for the INFO... Will it be possible to extract the Dialer App from that Indonesian ROM and install that to a US ROM? Or is there any third party App available for me to use...

Update...
Got to Load a ROM from a S7-201u but the Dialer App is for Mobile use and not for a Landline Docking System...

$pldt-telpad.jpg $pldt-telpad-landline.jpg

Last edited:

CooCkie

Jan 23, 2011
Im back with US s7-201w B016, still hoping for someone with a rom or app with a dialer for my landline dock, sure will solve the thread starters problem as well with mine...

Thanx

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim

fyatco

Oct 17, 2012
You may have to reinstall the firmware. Remove the battery and you will see what model you have. Download and copy to memory card. Create a folder on your mem. card (dload) Inside that folder should be 3 files(unlmt.cfg, UPDATA.APP, upg). Remove battery to make sure device is off. Insert mem. card then reinsert battery and press the power button. Wait for update to finish. The screen will show ok. (important)Remove the mem. card before you reboot. Hope this works for you.

I have the same problem as the guy who started this thread. I followed what you said, the update bar appeared but nothing else happened. is this normal? :|
HELP ASAP PLEASEEE

Vicci401

Sep 25, 2012
I have the same problem, the update bar appears but nothing else happens. I have left the tablet for 24 hours in this way but still nothing. Please help. I cannot access the the link bijopaul for the blog spot, the page does not open.

Last edited:

xHatred

Dec 26, 2012
THANK GOD!

My Ideos S7 Slim - TELPAD rebooted and Im still able to use it

I just waited to get it battery empty then It showed that its 20% below the it restarted great :)

thought I needed to do all the stuff I read like firmware indonesian etc etc etc LOL