My new S2 and rooting ..

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
Generally, I am enjoying the new S2. Build is very good, screen is great, it is fast, battery seems OK ...and it has Android market.

SO ..is that considered being ROOTED because I have open access to Market?

OR ..does rooting open up greater control over other parts of the tablet?

Bonus question ..I am having one issue, if one would care to comment.
If just about any 'out of normal sequence' event happens ..like the battery going way too low, or shutting it down with an app open ..or resetting the device to factory defaults ..
then the screen will go grey ..colors all wrong. After putting it back on the charger, building it back to 100% battery ..all is OK.
This has happened 4 times now.

Love some comment here.

Thanks

Last edited:

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
OK ..probably a dumb question regarding rooting. I did a search and rooting is much more than just having Market. Duh !

Yet ..could rooting help with the screen issue I have every once in a spell? Has anyone else seen issues like this with thier screen?

Thanks

Berserk

Dec 18, 2011
My screen is just fine now. I discovered if you wrongfully shutdown the tablet, with certain apps still running.... The next time you boot up you get a messed up, weird color screen. But if you wait like 5 minutes and then reboot the screen was normal. I also tried a shutdown widget (I find the button on the side a little bit too small for comfort) but the shutdown button widget, just cuts the power without saving settings, closing apps,... and then the screen also gets messed up.

SOOOO: always close the tablet normally.