My vizio is slow when updating, any way to schedule updates?

rubeninfl

Nov 5, 2011
I don't use my vizio every day. At best, I may use it on the weekends. When I turn it on, I notice that it is very non-responsive for the first 5 or 10 minutes. I can see that the apps are updating....things are happening. After this all stops, it works great. If I use it 2 days in a row, it works fine on start up the 2nd day....so obviously to problem is that since I always have it turned off, when I do turn it on it has to install a lot up updates and it just can't do to many things at once. Is there anything that I can do so that it doesn't automatically start installing updates when I turn it on? I would like to be able to use it as is, and then when I'm done, leave it on and then start the updates. Is this possible?

maxxg

Oct 5, 2012
If you are turning it all the way off, this is to say shutting down, then it will take time to re-boot!
how ever if you only touch the off button slightly for a second it will put it to sleep and turn on right off, now and far a few days it may shut down all the way ..requiring a reboot, I think there is a setting for this, but I think it best that you let it alone to save on your battery.

as far running a few things at once, the system Ram is only 512mb half or more of that in in use, at most times. there are a few apps that will allow you to kill unused apps and also clear the cache and refresh the ram, available in the Google apps store.

But for me the unit is great for what I paid and does most all I need it to do.

My work is done on my PCs that I built for myself ( Custom) this thing is my toy so to speak)!

regards,
Maxx

IndyOne

Mar 12, 2012
I don't use my vizio every day. At best, I may use it on the weekends. When I turn it on, I notice that it is very non-responsive for the first 5 or 10 minutes. I can see that the apps are updating....things are happening. After this all stops, it works great. If I use it 2 days in a row, it works fine on start up the 2nd day....so obviously to problem is that since I always have it turned off, when I do turn it on it has to install a lot up updates and it just can't do to many things at once. Is there anything that I can do so that it doesn't automatically start installing updates when I turn it on? I would like to be able to use it as is, and then when I'm done, leave it on and then start the updates. Is this possible?

I have been wondering the same thing. You would think there would be some way to schedule app updates.

The only solution I can think of is to go into the Play Store, go to your installed apps, and de-select (un-checkmark) "Allow Automatic Updates" for each app. You will receive notifications that updates are available for apps and you can update at you convenience.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Exactly as my friend leeshor has said, adjust the settings in the play store. Then when you are ready for the updates go to the my apps section of the play store and manually select the apps to update :)