N2A card questions?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It is pretty easy to make your own honestly and we have a good resource here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.html. Read through it and ask if you have any questions. You can do it yourself in 10 minutes and you have no chance to "mess up" the Nook.

If you do choose to buy a card go with Gingerbread. There is no Honeycomb version of Android for the Nook. anything claiming to be is either based on a preview build or is just a skin or some other mod to make it look like Honeycomb. Honeycomb is also much less reliable than either Gingerbread or the newest Android Ice Cream Sandwich.

JP

spcleveland

May 7, 2012
It is pretty easy to make your own honestly and we have a good resource here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.html. Read through it and ask if you have any questions. You can do it yourself in 10 minutes and you have no chance to "mess up" the Nook.

If you do choose to buy a card go with Gingerbread. There is no Honeycomb version of Android for the Nook. anything claiming to be is either based on a preview build or is just a skin or some other mod to make it look like Honeycomb. Honeycomb is also much less reliable than either Gingerbread or the newest Android Ice Cream Sandwich.

JP

JP - just went to the site you had linked and saw the instructions....being that I don't even know how to unzip a file I better go with the card already done for me! I'm sure it's simple and I see ppl online all the time talking about how easy it is. HHmm...glad you mentioned that info about the Gingerbread/Honeycomb...most of sellers are talking about both and saying double or triple booted cards....again...have NO idea what that means. Ice Cream Sandwich???? All foreign. :) Thanks for the input though. The pre-made card is probably the best bet although it would be nice to know how to do it myself. Take care.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
JP - just went to the site you had linked and saw the instructions....being that I don't even know how to unzip a file I better go with the card already done for me! I'm sure it's simple and I see ppl online all the time talking about how easy it is. HHmm...glad you mentioned that info about the Gingerbread/Honeycomb...most of sellers are talking about both and saying double or triple booted cards....again...have NO idea what that means. Ice Cream Sandwich???? All foreign. :) Thanks for the input though. The pre-made card is probably the best bet although it would be nice to know how to do it myself. Take care.

The great thing about this community is even if decide to buy the N2A card you can always ask questions here for support and if you you want to dive in deeper into customizing yoir device, were all here to pitch in

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

spcleveland

May 7, 2012
Wonderful to hear!!! Thanks Anima! I feel 100% certain I WILL have questions. I'd love to do it myself but just am not that tech savvy! I bought a modded wii a while back and it worked nicely....same with this. Like to have...just don't know how to get it myself. Great to have ones who do know how to make it possible.