Nano MicroSD USB Reader - Works Great on A500

Natcha

May 9, 2011
I've had my A500 for a week now and really enjoying it. The USB port was a major draw for me. I picked up a couple of 32GB Micro SD and a Nano MicroSD USB reader. See following link if you are unfamilar with this:

Amazon.com: ELAGO Nano Mobile Micro SD Reader-World Smallest (EL-RD-012,White): Explore similar items

This reader only extends about a 1/4 inch from the usb port. I can leave it in all the time. I've done some testing and when the tablet is sleeping, the light goes out on the reader. So it shoudn't be comsuming power when powered down. I got the black reader so it matches the black slip case.

With a 32GB in the top slot and 32GB in the USB, I have a lot of storage. What I like about the Nano reader is I can have several of them, load them up with video files from the pc, and then use them on trips.

Sure beats having a 2" memory stick sticking out of the side of the tablet.

Bill
Smithville, NJ

rcmolski

Apr 4, 2011
Thanks. I just placed my order for one! Will have to wait on the 32GB cards for now...still a little to pricey for me. I have a 16GB that I'll try and fill first.

Bob

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Natcha

May 9, 2011
Quick Follow-up.

I'm using a Sandisk Class 4 mcrosd card. Works great.

Did notice one thing. Last night I plugged it into my Desktop PC and transferred 12GB of Video files to it. When I unplugged the card, it was extremely hot - almost too hot to hold. I havem't noticed any heating up reading from the card, but I guess writting continously to it causes some heat. In future I'll do smaller transfers with a little wait time in between so that the heat buildup is not as high.

Anyone else notice whether their microsd card heats up under high write load?

Bill
Smithville, NJ