need a new battery

hotlips14176

Sep 2, 2013
Hi all, I have been given a MID 7" android tablet, the battery wont hold a charge and needs to be replaced, it has no name or numbers on the battery, I need to know how to find the mah of the battery to get a replacement, can anyone help please

hotlips14176

Sep 2, 2013
Have tried both the usb and mains, a friend has tested the battery n told me it won't hold a charge

hotlips14176

Sep 2, 2013
Nothing happens with the usb, if you plug the mains in the light comes on but it gets hot at the back

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Nothing happens with the usb, if you plug the mains in the light comes on but it gets hot at the back

Hot can mean either warm or to Hot to touch. if warm then try to boot tablet, if Hot to touch nothing can be done.

with the tablet plugged in boot the tablet. you need to get info on the tablet, usually the build.prop has some info, but you need to boot the tablet to get to it.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Its hot to the touch have tried turning it on while plugged in and nothing happens

ok don't mess with it then, as far as battery can't even guess as there are two many different sizes for a 7 inch. is there any writing on the tablet? upload a picture, google 7'' tablets images on google to try and match what you have.