Need HELP. Problem after flashing various ROM versions.

mospeada

Nov 18, 2010
My original configuration: Eken M003 (generic) Android 1.6 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty Build WMT2.0_8102 8" display 256MB RAM I mainly want to have root and real android market. I have tried flashing with M003 Slatedroid Mercury RC (Logo Fixed), ECOTOX1.4_M003, CaffeineROM_v1, zerorom, 003-1.9.1-keys_and_root, and even the Android_2.0_M003_0915 directly from Eken. Most of the times, the screen is stuck for a long time in the Loading page after rebooting; then it will end in the "sorry process system is not responding" page. Sometimes, I can get into the locked desktop (1 out of 5 trials?), but I am not able to unlock using any button or touch screen. At this point, I cannot also use touch screen to properly shut down because there is no response. What is the problem? What should I do to resolve this? Will appreciate your suggestions and advices.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I have flashed several of ecotox roms and they are great so my suggestion is when you flash a rom make sure you sd card is blank and only has the script folder on it and then just give it time to boot the first time because it does take a while

Blueribbon

Nov 16, 2010
My original configuration: Eken M003 (generic) Android 1.6 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty Build WMT2.0_8102 8" display 256MB RAM I mainly want to have root and real android market. I have tried flashing with M003 Slatedroid Mercury RC (Logo Fixed), ECOTOX1.4_M003, CaffeineROM_v1, zerorom, 003-1.9.1-keys_and_root, and even the Android_2.0_M003_0915 directly from Eken. Most of the times, the screen is stuck for a long time in the Loading page after rebooting; then it will end in the "sorry process system is not responding" page. Sometimes, I can get into the locked desktop (1 out of 5 trials?), but I am not able to unlock using any button or touch screen. At this point, I cannot also use touch screen to properly shut down because there is no response. What is the problem? What should I do to resolve this? Will appreciate your suggestions and advices.

I am having the same problem, I reformatted the sd before use and tried tried what probbiethe1 said and still getting the same response.

nascomihaylov

Dec 3, 2010
Hi guys. i am having a problem also with my 8" epad. i tried few ROMs on it following instructions found in the forums hoping to improve the performance especially the video performance. so far i have tried and experienced most of the problems that others are experiencing with always managing somehow to get the tablet to boot with the original ROM (Android 1.6 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty Build WMT2.0_8102). Lately i downloaded and installed the ROM from EKEN. now my epad is stuck. sometimes it goes to home screen, but touch screen doesn't work. i drained the battery, i think, because i can't even switch it on anymore. i have formatted the sd card, copied a fresh script folder on it and insert it into the epad, after i switch the tablet on, it says "loading new software" or something like that for about 3 seconds and after that it proceeds to boot with the EKEN ROM as if there is nothing on the sd card...
can anyone tell me what can i do now to solve this?
just to confirm: it is a 8" generic (or so it says) 1.6 version 256mb

bambitgaerlan

Dec 11, 2010
Same problem here:
Memory size: 256MB
Model number: generic
Firmware version: 1.6 (originally)
Kernel version: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build number: WMT2.0_8102
8" screen

Just tried 1.9_88 and now the tablet is stuck at booting with the robot and then turns itself off, even when the power adaptor is in use.

Last edited: