Need help to transfer files from flash drive to zt pad

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi violinman, congratulations on your new ZT pad and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Zenithink Tablets forum for you, where more people with that tablet are likely to try to help you move those files to your tablet. Good luck!

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
violinman said:
How do I transfer files from a flash drive to the zt pad?- Thank you.

You need to download a program called "File Manager" from the Google Play Store. The icon is a manila folder with a greaser on the front of it. After this, plug your flash drive into the USB port then open the "File Manager".

On the top left of the screen you'll see the following if you have a tft card installed: "/mnt/sdcard".
It probably would read "/mnt/flash" if you don't have a tft in your tablet.

Underneath this line is a row of icons, and on the left side of the screen is a whole slug of folders.

Look on the top row of icons for an icon that has a green circle with a white "Up" arrow. Click on this.

Now the top line reads "/mnt"

Look on the left hand side for a folder labeled "sda1". This folder is where your flash drive Is. Just click on this. You'll see that I'm right.

You can easily move or copy one, many, or all of the files on your flash card to any place you want to put anything.

If I can help you with anything else, just let me know.

Blessings,

Rob

Sent from my Upgraded Zenithink C91

shepsterboy

May 11, 2012
HI,

I am having similar problems. My tab won't link to my PC so cannot move music, put them on a flash drive - followed all the above. I can copy the files, then have the option to paste, but don't seem to be able to paste it anywhere where i can then find it - how do i paste it into the music player?

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
shepsterboy said:
HI,

I am having similar problems. My tab won't link to my PC so cannot move music, put them on a flash drive - followed all the above. I can copy the files, then have the option to paste, but don't seem to be able to paste it anywhere where i can then find it - how do i paste it into the music player?

Insert your flash drive into the USB slot. Then open the "File Manager". You should be able to see "/mnt/sdrive" in the upper left hand corner. Press the "Up" arrow. Look for a folder called "sda1". This is your flash drive. Open it. I'd suggest you press the "Multi" button, then "Select All", then "Copy". Now press the "Up" button. Open the "Sdcard" folder. Press "Create Folder". This will bring up a dialogue box to create a folder. Press this. The next box is going to ask what name you want to assign to the folder, as in, "Music". Then look for, and open thIs folder. Now press "Paste". Anytime you click on one of the music files listed, a dialogue box will ask which music program you want to use to play it. That's it.