Need help, URGENT. stuck when updating to android 2.3 GB

gsd1214

Dec 29, 2010
Hey everyone,
Im using WIN7 32BIT
so i downloaded the rom file and installed the driver, and followed tipstir's instruction on how to do them.
i flashed the first two file with no problem, when reached to step 5 where i have to repeat step 4 and flash the nand file, my computer tell me that it can't find the driver for android (in my computer's hardware list, it is listed as Android) device, but i already have all the vtc driver installed, otherwise i can't even come to step 5.
now im stucked at the fast boot mode and even if i reset, it come back to the fast boot mode,
am i missing something here? does SDK have anything to do with this? (like have all the new package downloaded or something?)

thanks in advance for any help

If I'm unclear about my question, heres a quote from others which is the having the same problem with me

I need help with this. I think I bricked my Coby Kyros 7015, I followed the instructions and I was able to get the tablet to the chinese screen but at the fastboot mode. Can't get it to go any further and when i reset it goes back to this screen without hitting any buttons. I am using a Windows 7 computer that I was able to program the tablet with but since it is on this screen my pc doesn't recognize the tablet any more.

OR ,DID I BRICKED MY KYROS?

Last edited:

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
gsd1214,

Did the PC recognize the driver for your tablet prior to the initial flash? Did you eject the device and unplug it prior to trying to send out the 3 files? Did you see any errors on the single download pop up box during the first update?

gsd1214

Dec 29, 2010
Driggs:

The PC recognized the driver prior to the initial flash (It was the VTC driver ), at that time i was able to see the area map and i flashed 2 file (w/o the NAND file) as described in the instruction. (i tried to flash the nand file with it, but i received an error message about the nand size is different or something) but with out the nand file, it was a success, there was no error in the pop up box, after the flash completed, the device rebooted it self, and i was able to see the chinese logo, and it was in FWDN/fastboot mode, and at that time, the PC recognize the device as android device where i'm stuck at , because windows could not locate the driver for it. In FWDN, it was not recognized...under hardware manager, there's the exclamation mark beside the android.

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Fastboot and FWDN are not the same. You get to fastboot by holding power and Menu, you get to FWDN by holding power and Home. If you have the yellow exclamation in devices when in true FWDN mode it means the VTC drivers are not loaded or you have the wrong one loaded. If the VTC driver is working the Coby will show up as a USB Controller TCC89XX under the USB Controllers in device manager on the PC.
You have to get the driver working again before you can do anything to fix it. The Android Phone showing up in device manger is the ADB driver working. Again, not the same thing as the VTC driver for FWDN.
Clear as mud?

gsd1214

Dec 29, 2010
Popeye1128:
Right now i'm stuck on a screen saying that enter fastboot mode, every time i reset the device, it automatic goes back to the enter fastboot mode screen again.
do i need to be in FWDN mode in order to do the flash?

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Yes. Can you get to FWDN by holding the power and Home button while turning on? Reset and and quickly hold the buttons. Have to be an octopus.

gsd1214

Dec 29, 2010
Thanks, Popeye
I got it set up right now,
but one more question, may sound stupid
I don't have the fastboot driver, is it important? what is it for?
because i can use my device now with no problem

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Thanks, Popeye
I got it set up right now,
but one more question, may sound stupid
I don't have the fastboot driver, is it important? what is it for?
because i can use my device now with no problem

Glad to hear it! Fastboot is just another developers tool included with SDK. Not sure what all it does myself as I haven't messed with it. If you have SDK you can execute the fastboot.exe in command and it will show you the available options. Looks like it deals mostly with flashing.
I wouldn't mess with it on your device unless you are doing something that is outlined in a proven procedure. I don't know if if requires a special driver. I don't think it does.

Last edited:

gsd1214

Dec 29, 2010
Well, then im not sure why every time i connect the device under fast boot mode.. it ask me for a driver...
weird.

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Well, then im not sure why every time i connect the device under fast boot mode.. it ask me for a driver...
weird.

I thought it used the same driver as ADB or FWDN, maybe not. Like I say, I don't use it anyway, haven't had a need to. A search should answer the question for sure.
All these different drivers, no wonder people get confused.

vladytepes

Jun 22, 2011
Yes. Can you get to FWDN by holding the power and Home button while turning on? Reset and and quickly hold the buttons. Have to be an octopus.
Hi everybody!
I was in exactly the same situation you talked here. But my problem is that I can´t get FWDN mode again. I did what popeye told, but it didn´t work. Any other idea?
Just for your information, I have a kyros 7022, I am working on a windows 7 pc, I have installed vtc drivers, but now my tablet is under ADB interface. What can I do?
(I have to admit it, I am almost desperate)

vladytepes

Jun 22, 2011
Good news! I have the mode FWDN working again. But now, I don´t have any working update for my kyros 7022. Anybody has anything that works? ANYTHING?
Thank yo u

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
i have a similar situation except I did not actually get into FWDN but tried the flash anyway. Now the unit wont boot.
I understand that there are some things i can do on the hardware end to try to revive the tablet?
anyone have information on this or is my kyros an official brick?
(Galaxy Tab is looking good right now).
I am talking about my kyros 7015.

Last edited: